Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Gilbert offroad area report: Awesome! {cool}

A great use of tax money. 1200 acres and another 4500 acres are being developed near Virginia for a second offroad park.
Maybe the third one will be a little farther south..

Cost: admission is free but you have to buy a license plate tab (good for 3 years) and windshield inspection sticker for $33.50 These fees will be used to build more offroad parks.

Mudpit: Located by a small lake, they use a pump truck and firehose to keep it muddy even in a drought. A guy who works there told me when the park opened last month, people complained because it wasn't challenging enough. A backhoe made it deeper and they added 40 tons of clay. And a no swimming sign ;D
He said it's challenging now- a big Dodge with tractor tires made it 1/8 the way through last weekend.

Hills: Your choice of steep, steeper or almost vertical, short or tall.

Trails: You can drive the main trails in two wheel drive, they lead to hundreds of smaller trails. Each trail has a sign for the level of difficulty. It can get really tight and twisty through the woods up and down steep little hills and there ain't no turning around. If you can't go forward, you'll have to back up to where you came in.

·
Registered
457 Posts
;D That sounds like a lot of fun. It's about 200-250 Mi. from Fergus Falls, and my brother lives half way between so that could be a pretty good time.
It's too bad there isn't someplace closer to the center of the state we could all meet at and go play.

Happy Wheeling
Dave

·
Registered
8,934 Posts
I'll have to make it up there sometime. How far is it from the TC's?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dodge 85 RC said:
I'll have to make it up there sometime. How far is it from the TC's?
200 miles from the Cities. It took about 2 1/2 hours from Blaine. It was freeway and divided fourlane highway all the way except the last few miles from Eveleth to Gilbert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts