Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 84 RC 318 4x Prospector... It's developed an oil leak from the pan and I'm planning on replacing the gaskets. While I got the pan off - should I go ahead and replace some things? First timer here. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
well heres what i replaced when i dropped the pan on my 77 PW. i changed the oil pump, pickup tube, i should have done the rear main, new gaskets, and had the starter checked to make sure it was good. also if you are in doubt about how good your starter leads are this is a good time to replace them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
well i dropped mine to do the rear main seal if your are there might as well do it all. also unless your have a suspension lift have a friend there to help you and turn the motor buy hand to get the pan out or a lot of poeple just raise the whole engine up a little cause the pan gets caught on your crank and front axel i found it easier to hand rotate it till i had the clearences i needed youll see when you get there
ken

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
If you have the pan off go ahead and change the gaskets, rear main and oil pump. Do it all now or pay later and end up redoing some of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts