Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at work and need to go by Lowe's later and get some bolts for my new front springs and rear shackle flip.

I know what size the rear hangars need (7/16") but I don't know what size bolts the eyes of the front leaf springs use.

Since I can't measure until I get home, can ya help me out please? All the hardware stores will be closed by the time I get home and I need to start on this project first thing in the morning.

·
5,684 Posts
When i built my front hangers for my dodge, i remember using a 1/2 drill bit for drilling the holes, if that helps you for bolt size

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, heck I can just buy a few different sizes....I'm sure it's not larger than 1/2" anyway.....

but I need to add this question.

My lift kit did not include actual studs for the passenger side of the dana44, but came with 2 grade 8 bolts. I don't know if the bolts will be as safe as the studs, so I just don't know if I should use these bolts they sent or get some studs from the hardware store. What's your opinion?

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
yeah the bolts replacethe studs man .... use those ...those studs are fun to goet out too ...get a stud puller from sears will be happy u did if u can that is

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks ya'll....... just making sure because it took more than one try get everything I needed through suspensionconnection.com

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
If you can't get a stud puller, I usually double nut or even weld a nut to the end of the stud. The welding method adds a bit of heat to the stud so it may be easier then the double nut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts