Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beyond an edelbrock q-jet carb, k&n air filter, msd box and coil, and new plugs wires and cap--what else can I do to my RC "mechanically" and smog legal in california to get more power and perhaps fuel economy?

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
fuel economy? put it on a trailer. tow it around. seriously though, what are you getting now?

the Qjet is made by Rochester, not Edie, and i love mine.

you could go with taller gears, what do you have in there now? if you're running 3.23's, then something taller, 3.73ish, could help you around town, but it won't help you on the highway.

a part time 4x conversion might be helpful too.

Jake

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
there are smog legal camshafts i believe.

since you must pass some visual inspections you are kinda lmited on the out side. but internally you can do a bit to "cheat" such work may be too mechanically intensive for you though. such as cylinder head work (or swaps) and or higher compression (must be careful thoguh, too high = high NOx emission) you may be able to do some kind of exhaust. im not familiar with cali law. your truck is 26 years old. check to see if there is a "antique and classics" clause allowing more leaniency.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually, edelbrock does make my q-jet. its called the edelbrock 1905 795 cfm q-jet. --And I think I'm going to go with a camshaft and exhaust tweaks--thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts