Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the k5 is just about done and ive put the supercoupe on hold, so now i want to finish the rc, im thinking of thoes new ltbs i think 34s would look decent, i guess im wondering if a 4 inch lift will do the trick or if i need more? any thoughts would be nice.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I know Cooter is running 34's w/ no lift/rub.
-Steve C.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
dodgetruck91 said:
well the k5 is just about done and ive put the supercoupe on hold, so now i want to finish the rc, im thinking of thoes new ltbs i think 34s would look decent, i guess im wondering if a 4 inch lift will do the trick or if i need more? any thoughts would be nice.
A four inch lift should clear 34's or 35's no problem. You might have to trim your fenders a little if you do serious flexing, but they will fit.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
whlnwgn said:
I know Cooter is running 34's w/ no lift/rub.
-Steve C.
cooter is also running really skinny 34s, like 9.5, which is what keeps them from rubbing. if u are going to run a wider tire, like 12.5, then 4 inches should be enough for easy wheeling, u might need trim ur fenders for some harder stuff.

Duane

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
I would say put on a 3 inch body lift.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
LTB's only come in a 10.50 wide for a 34"
I would say he'd be OK. But anything wider, I'd go up 4"... (or cut the fenders a bit)

·
Registered
729 Posts
what about 36x14.5?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I will settle this question for you right now. I run the super swamper ltb 34x10.50s. The only thing I have done to my truck has been to do the add-a-leafs at all four corners. I also trimmed the fender flares just a little, but no metal was trimmed.

There is absolutely no rub, the traction they provide in snow is pretty awesome. I will be going to the trail ride over at rausch creek off-road park in april. I have pretty high expectations for them off road.

The one and only complaint that I have is that there is some sidewall flex while driving down the highway. If you get them, I don't advise you to make any sudden, or sharp turns because you will probably roll your RC. I think that you have to be a little more attentive to your driving with these tires. They also ride kind of rough being that they are a radial, and they have that low roar that only a good off-road tire makes. That is tolerable though.

I paid 113 a piece at tyres international down in Akron, OH. They are good bang for the buck and give your truck more height and awesome traction. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
just because it works that way on your truck doesnt mean it will on his. the best thing to do is put the tire on and see how it works.

Duane

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
do I hear something saying "Tire Size FAQ" in here? Duane? ;D

At least you now have some more data: on some trucks you can fit 34x10.5s with just add-a-leafs ;)

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
yeah yeah Klaus, im diggin up stuff on wheel backspacing and such right now. itll be ready soon. this is what makes a FAQ so hard, u got skinny vs wide tires, rim backspacing, spring condition, type of terrain u traverse, and everyone has a different opinion and swears that its right.

Duane

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
well, at least it seems you're having fun digging through material and writing it up ;D

Thanks a bunch man, I'm just ribbing ya :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
CLRracer said:
just because it works that way on your truck doesnt mean it will on his. the best thing to do is put the tire on and see how it works.

Duane
Yeah, that may be true Duane, but I have pretty heavy bumpers front and rear in addition to this set-up. I would be willing to bet you a twelve pack of beer that if he did the add-a-leafs, he would be able to run those tires no prob. So are you up for it or what? These leaf springs see some pretty heavy use during the course of the year as well, especially spring, summer, and fall when I am doing tree work and have two tons of logs on that trailer of mine. The only way those add-a-leafs may not help is if his current springs are arching backwards.

·
Registered
230 Posts
my front springs have a reversed arc right now and i'm stillable to clear 33 12.50s with no lift we did have to roll the bottoms of the fenders a little bi though

jason

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
DodgeRC27 said:
They also ride kind of rough being that they are a radial, and they have that low roar that only a good off-road tire makes. That is tolerable though.
Actually, LTB's aren't radials, they are bias ply tires, hence the rough ride.

·
Registered
756 Posts
i have an 84 ramcharger, 3inch body lift w/ 33.15.50/15 inch Ground Hawgs. they dont rub, only rub if flexing suspension, there also on a 12inch wide rim, so if it were a skinnier rim, it would be fine

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I used to run 33x12.5's on a stock 74 pw; only rubbed once (coming off steep hill and the front rubbed). I run 9.5 wide now that I'm in rock country, and I never rub. I think a 3 inch lift would be perfect. It would run well and look sweet without compromising handling and getting into driveline length and diff angles.

Anybody have a three inch lift on their ride? Tires?

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
DodgeRC27 said:
CLRracer said:

Duane
Yeah, that may be true Duane, but I have pretty heavy bumpers front and rear in addition to this set-up. I would be willing to bet you a twelve pack of beer that if he did the add-a-leafs, he would be able to run those tires no prob. So are you up for it or what? These leaf springs see some pretty heavy use during the course of the year as well, especially spring, summer, and fall when I am doing tree work and have two tons of logs on that trailer of mine. The only way those add-a-leafs may not help is if his current springs are arching backwards.
u missed my point. it doesnt matter what works on whose rig and how that rig is used, until u do it to ur own rig, u dont know how it will work. and i never said that he couldnt run them, in fact i think that i said he could with minimal lift or fender trimming.

Duane

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Hey duane, you mgith want to do a pol asking what everyone is running. If you can actually get everyone to tell you everything you need you might do alright. lol I think if everyone gives you terrain, body lift, susp lift, size of tires, ACTUAL tire size, ACTUAL lift etc. it might work. Probably be a hassle to keep the "that won't work" replys down though! If I can help, let me know.
Chris

1 - 20 of 35 Posts