Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the timing chain, water pump, hoses, belts, etc.  Using Fel-Pro TCS 45284 gasket set, no instruction sheet included, but I've done a few, pretty self-explanatory, except...  There is a felt(?) washer(?) 3.5" OD with a 2.125" hole in it, about 5/16" thick.  I do not recall seeing anything like it when I disassembled it, nor do I recall anything similar on others I have done.  Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
14,330 Posts
Google is your friend:

http://www.felpro-only.com/break_room_forum/archive/index.php?thread-249.html

"Wayne Murphy

01-09-2015, 02:21 PM

Hello
I have a 1977 Dodge 318 engine and I am using FelPro TCS45284 timing chain gasket set. Included in the set is a large felt washer 2" ID 3-1/2" OD. Where is this felt washer used, I do not see this felt washer in the timing chain area of my engine. Does it go on the end of the crankshaft??

Thanks for you help"

"Support

01-09-2015, 05:51 PM

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your post!

This set covers SB Mopar applications back to the 1960's. They stopped using the felt washer, but it would go on the crank snout before the timing cover is installed. You do not use it on this application.

Thanks for choosing Fel-Pro!"

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, TD, don't I feel like an idiot!  I did the google last night, must have been too late at night, didn't use the right search word combos.  Much appreciated.  Hopefully I'll have it back together and running yet today, though working in freezing rain is not at the top of my list for fun ways to spend a Saturday.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm with you - sucks working in freezing rain.  I love working on my truck until it NEEDS work, then I hate it, because you can't put it off until there's a nicer day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.