Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Body lift leaves the frame in the original position, but lifts the body skyward.

Suspension lift will lift the body and frame. Some suspension lifts simply move the suspension down further from the frame, while others will give you more suspension travel.

-SM

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
a body lift are pucks that are installed between the frame rails and the body, on each body mount. Essentially it raises the body off the frame.
Suspension lift, as the name suggests puts in springs that raise the frame (and therefore the body) up, so that the distance between axles and frame will be bigger. This achieved by a bigger arch in leaf springs. Some suspension lits also use a bigger block in the rear, but the result is the same: a reloaction of the frame upwards.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
the above posts are correct, but one thing that was not mentioned, is a body lift allows you more clearance for larger tires, but keeps the factory suspension & ride.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Body lifts are alot cheaper too but don't go over 3 inches

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
That and there are also some other things that have to be done, lengthening linkages and such. Sometimes depending the truck the bumpers have to be raised as well. I just saw a F 250 that had a body lift on it and didn't raise the bumpers, looked like crap.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Body lifts also leave a gap between the frame and the body that doesn't look very good either. You can get caps to fix that or just make your own

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
it ameks access and clearance better for some things.

suspension is only a tuning aid. u need to possibly combine body and suspension lift to "tune" to your needs.

a body lift is great for adding body clearance and for installing a big block. allows more valve cover to brake booster clearance.

then combine a suspension lift for axle clearance and suspension articulation and ride.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Ram1985Custom said:
Body lifts are alot cheaper too but don't go over 3 inches
I did a 3" BL on my S.5. Stick with a 2" unless you NEED the extra inch!!! There is more of a hassle with wireing, shifters, (auto) etc with the 3" .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts