Dodge RamCharger Central banner
7881 - 7900 of 7917 Posts

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
helped fix trailer brakes on a 92 d250. been an ongoing issue that ended up being an issue in the connector on the back of the truck. it was nice that it was a fairly easy fix but it sucked that it was so much work to track down the issue since it was really noticeable with the 1 trailer and not so much with the other. somehow power was getting from the turn signal wire to the trailer brake wire in the connector. took it all apart tested everything and put it all back together and it was fix. didn't disconnect as single wire at the connector and it fixed itself.

·
Administrator
61,887 Posts
It seems no matter what you do, no matter how careful you are, trailer connectors always cause issues. Same with trailer wiring.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
ya. well hopefully that is the last time we have issues with it or if not we got most things setup so we should hopefully be able to troubleshoot things quicker next time. we just knew the issue wasn't the controller when it is completely disconnected and the trailer brakes are still engaging when you touch the brakes.

·
Administrator
61,887 Posts
Not on my RC, but went through some of my jacks yesterday. Just checking them, seeing what works, and what needs attention.

Art Wood Lawn ornament Market City

This one has generally been my goto jack for small stuff. I always liked the top setup, and the low slung setup for the lever.

Fluid Bottle Fire hydrant Drink Motor vehicle
Fire hydrant Plant Wood Gas Motor vehicle

Out of the hundred or more times I used it, I never realized it had a telescoping cylinder. Now it is even more so my goto jack. It needs a bit of oil, and I think it will go a bit higher.

Asphalt Road surface Gas Cylinder Cone

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,474 Posts
Jack of all trades! 😂

·
Registered
46 Posts
I replaced the hinge pins and bushings in my 83 w150.I had been putting it off but got tired of slamming the door 2 or 3 times every time I closed the driver's side door. Now after doing it I realize it is so much easier than the door hinges on my 96 Chevy dually. The Chevy hinges can't be removed from the truck since they are welded to the body, and I have done the pins and bushings on it 4 or 5 times with nearly 400K, plus it was my repo tow truck until 2000, so lots of in and out with 200K of that in the first 4 years. The Dodge hinges were so easy by comparison and only took about an hour per side.

·
Registered
8,041 Posts
I replaced the hinge pins and bushings in my 83 w150.I had been putting it off but got tired of slamming the door 2 or 3 times every time I closed the driver's side door. Now after doing it I realize it is so much easier than the door hinges on my 96 Chevy dually. The Chevy hinges can't be removed from the truck since they are welded to the body, and I have done the pins and bushings on it 4 or 5 times with nearly 400K, plus it was my repo tow truck until 2000, so lots of in and out with 200K of that in the first 4 years. The Dodge hinges were so easy by comparison and only took about an hour per side.
You need to show this to Jollydodger.
He feels shivvy and phord engineers are superior to Chrysler ones. ;D

And those hinges on our trucks were actually designed back in the 60's.
There the same ones used on later 60's early 70's B Body Mopars.
And vans too.
Beefy units overall.

·
Registered
1990 Dodge Ramcharger 5.2L
3 Posts
I'm going to have to do the door pin fix as well, and stop needing to slam the doors shut lol

I was greeted by a no-start the other morning, which turned out to be the pickup coil finally failing. Installed a new one, and it's back up and running (y)

·
Registered
147 Posts
You need to show this to Jollydodger.
He feels shivvy and phord engineers are superior to Chrysler ones. ;D

And those hinges on our trucks were actually designed back in the 60's.
There the same ones used on later 60's early 70's B Body Mopars.
And vans too.
Beefy units overall.
Ah, but Texxas, do you have the SE kick plate with the glued shut slidy vent door. If you did, that's a write up that should be stickied. ha-HA.

regarding ford, they went cheap by their choice of intake manifold made of nylon for the marquis. We've replaced it twice now on my 2004 marquis, and its why i think the marquis are dying like dinosaurs. I used to drive in packs of marquis evading the law with the other blue hairs galloping at 67mph, but now it's just a few of us left.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,474 Posts
Yep, the beginning of the disposable era, just throw it away when the expiry date runs out.

·
Registered
8,041 Posts
Ah, but Texxas, do you have the SE kick plate with the glued shut slidy vent door. If you did, that's a write up that should be stickied. ha-HA.

regarding ford, they went cheap by their choice of intake manifold made of nylon for the marquis. We've replaced it twice now on my 2004 marquis, and its why i think the marquis are dying like dinosaurs. I used to drive in packs of marquis evading the law with the other blue hairs galloping at 67mph, but now it's just a few of us left.
See. See.
All brands have some screwed up issues. ;D

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
swapped out batteries in the 89 since the old battery was bad. it was a bit rough running at first but seemed to be a lot happier this afternoon after running for a while. only thing that sucks is it is now leaking gas from the gas tank somewhere. it only leaks while running and since it seems to be running decent i have a feeling the return line or fitting may be leaking and since i am pretty sure i installed new fuel lines when i replaced the fuel pump. i almost wonder if 1 of the plastic fittings maybe cracked. will try checking it out with the endoscope i bought. may be using the 89 a bit more if my sister keeps using the honda till it is warm enough to pull the elcamino out.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Deploy when required?
the door will still close with them hanging out, but yeah, just used some old nylon cinch strap so they can be pulled in.

7881 - 7900 of 7917 Posts