Dodge RamCharger Central banner
7841 - 7860 of 7884 Posts

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
NADA. NOTHING. NOT A DAMN THING. Between OT at work, the house always wanting attention, the govt saying my weeds are obnoxious and I better do something about it (like I do every year) they will fine me. I haven't even popped the top this year!!! I do need to adjust the carb and install all the new front steering parts I bout months ago. Ugh... some day

END RANT
Almost the same, except the here its not weeds, but tires, Seems one cannot have more then 6 tires behind their garage. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Almost the same, except the here its not weeds, but tires, Seems one cannot have more then 6 tires behind their garage. :unsure:
Is that a City, County, or HOA code?

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
County. They were in a spot were no one could see them, except the neighbors who also own the large vacant lot behind mine. Seems the county rules were not written with common sense. If they can be seen from off the property, it is bad. Dosn't matter that it is a vacont lot, and they have to go way up the hill, and look back.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
County. They were in a spot were no one could see them, except the neighbors who also own the large vacant lot behind mine. Seems the county rules were not written with common sense. If they can be seen from off the property, it is bad. Dosn't matter that it is a vacont lot, and they have to go way up the hill, and look back.
I'm sure that law was written to stop people from piling up an extreme amount of tires, but six? That's an extreme amount of bull. So if you have a full set of snow tires for three cars you can't store them in the back yard if you don't have a garage? They certainly did not think this through.

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
I have six registered/ insured trucks, 1 motor home, and 3 trailers. That is not even 1 spare for each.

I could see if they were scrap tires, but these are all mounted on rims. I have two sets of studded tires for my trucks, and about 7 more truck tires and rims, and four extra trailer tires and rims.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Find a free Little Tykes playhouse and put them in there.

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
Thats along the line of my thoughts. I can build as many under 120 square foot sheds as I want, with no permits, plans, or anything. Basically going to build a ton of horse stalls. Might even add lofts.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Line them up at the back of the yard and wrap plastic targets around them. Maybe they'll think twice about sayin' anything. LOL

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
No, these bastards I have for neighbors will claim they saw me shooting a gun.

I guess I better hope they do not come again the day I replace the ball joints on my 90.

Vehicle, Inoperable: Includes but is not limited to any automobile, truck, tractor, motorcycle or self-propelled
vehicle which is in a condition of being junked, wrecked, wholly or partially dismantled, discarded, abandoned or
unable to perform the functions or purpose for which it was originally constructed. The existence of any of the
following conditions shall raise the presumption that a vehicle is inoperable:
1. Absence of an effective registration plate upon such vehicle;
2. Placement of the vehicle or parts thereof upon jacks, blocks, chains or other supports; or
3. Absence of one (1) or more parts of the vehicle necessary for the lawful operation of the vehicle upon the
streets and highways.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
No, these bastards I have for neighbors will claim they saw me shooting a gun.

I guess I better hope they do not come again the day I replace the ball joints on my 90.
Holy Shit Batman! So you guys can't even part out a car if you're out in the county?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'm in violation of every one of those rules right now. LOL. I even have bodies and parts of RC's and TD's sitting on junk trailers. LOL

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
So is many in the area, I just lucked out with neighbors that love to make complaints.

I can have as many 4 wheelers, side by sides, and other off road stuff, as I want. But cannot have a dedicated trail rig that was once a on-road vehicle, unless it is licensed..

• Angry
Reactions: RCCADMAN

·
Registered
498 Posts
Currently swapping out Harmonic Balancers on the 440 trying to get rid of a strange vibration. As you can see in the one harmonic balancer, the outer ring is not sitting flush on the inner ring, it's either been like that since the truck was built, or has walked over the course of it's life. Visually, the outer ring wobbles when the truck is running.

I'm also going to build a new fuel line from the pump to the carburetor and try to add the type of filter that has the vapor separator nipple coming off of it. I just cant seem to find any info as to wether or not I can hook the vapor separator discharge line back to the fuel tank vent line that's currently hooked up to the charcoal canister in the passenger side inner fender. I don't want to pressurize the fuel tank, and I REALLY don't want to drop the tank to drill a new hole for a return line (that'll happen when I convert to EFI after a bunch of other stuff is done on this truck)

Attachments

·
Registered
13,336 Posts
suck fuel out of tank , put some back into tank , should not pressurize tank in my thinking , and with a carb fuel bowl no need to vent vapor from fuel line picture a toilet tank water goes in any air in water rises to top ....

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
I'm also going to build a new fuel line from the pump to the carburetor and try to add the type of filter that has the vapor separator nipple coming off of it. I just cant seem to find any info as to wether or not I can hook the vapor separator discharge line back to the fuel tank vent line that's currently hooked up to the charcoal canister in the passenger side inner fender. I don't want to pressurize the fuel tank, and I REALLY don't want to drop the tank to drill a new hole for a return line (that'll happen when I convert to EFI after a bunch of other stuff is done on this truck)
I run a tee fitting off of my main fuel line above the mech fuel pump. Return is a 1/4" line back to where it returns into the tank. Yes. I already had a small return line soldered iinto my tank from the previous F.I. experiment back in '91.
I'm running a main jet inside the return line for restriction. So as not to have a huge fuel flow returning.
It works for those hot days by relieving fuel pressure to the carbs. And stops vapor lock.
You can actually hear it squirting back into my interior tank after shutting off the engine.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I run a tee fitting off of my main fuel line above the mech fuel pump. Return is a 1/4" line back to where it returns into the tank. Yes. I already had a small return line soldered iinto my tank from the previous F.I. experiment back in '91.
I'm running a main jet inside the return line for restriction. So as not to have a huge fuel flow returning.
It works for those hot days by relieving fuel pressure to the carbs. And stops vapor lock.
You can actually hear it squirting back into my interior tank after shutting off the engine.

Interesting....I just got a Wix 33041 which has a .060 orfice for the the vapor separator. I'm going to just hook that 1/4" line up to the fuel tank vent line that runs right beside the supply line back to the tank. the fuel cap is vented, so that's where it'll go. I thought about plumbing it into the OEM canister along with the fuel tank, then running a line off of it to the air cleaner, but I'm still not fully informed on how the fuel vapor thing works. It makes sense to me that as it cools, it would re-condensate and become liquid again? That would imply that it would essentially fill the charcoal canister up with liquid fuel over time?

Tomorrow I venture out to try and find some flexible fuel line for my connections. I've gotta run by West Marine for some marine grade primary wire so while I'm in town I'm going to go to the speciality hose shop and see what kind of flame resistant/abrasion resistant fuel line's they have.

I used some 3/8 NiCopp to make a new fuel line today too, soooo much easier to work with than steel. I routed it a bit different this time hoping it'll be cooler.

·
Registered
13,336 Posts
you are correct , the canister should not have liquid in it . it should pull vapor ( fumes) from the bowl and tank . also a liquid fuel return line off the filter will make a mechanical fuel pump pump ALL the time, the excess if there is any , being put back to tank . where as normally the diaphrame in the pump stops returning all the way ounce the needle/seat shuts fuel off .. also you DO NOT want to feed your air filter with either gasoline or its fumes !!

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
also a liquid fuel return line off the filter will make a mechanical fuel pump pump ALL the time, the excess if there is any , being put back to tank . where as normally the diaphrame in the pump stops returning all the way ounce the needle/seat shuts fuel off ..
That's why there's a restriction put in the return line.

·
Registered
13,336 Posts
I do not favor any more devices than necessary , just more stuff to go wrong imo but ta each his own . :)

·
Registered
1988 Ramcharger W150, 318, 4-speed; 2008 Sebring Convertible; 2015 Challenger Shaker SCATPack 392 A8
43 Posts
I bought new leaf springs and a steering box at the start of the summer, also have a new rear step bumper to put on. But my fat lazy butt has done nothing to any of the vehicles this summer but wash them. No other excuses other than being fat and lazy.

CAD

7841 - 7860 of 7884 Posts