Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i need some help. I have the torque flight 727 transmission in my 85 r/c. It was rebuilt approx 40k ago. I went to pass a car today and as soon as the 4 barrels opened the transmission popped and no more gears. I mean nothing.. HELP

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
I once had the lever on the valve body (actually like a tab) break which gave me no gears. A simple swap of valve bodies fixed that. I also once broke the little tab that holds the bands in place, bent it into a 90 then it broke. That was also an easy fix.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Definitly change the fluid and filter, If the fluid isn't red, you got a problem!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had that happen to me one time in my 71 Demon. Started to race a Grand National on the hwy - got to about115 m.p.h before the tranny popped...Turned out I busted the retainer for high gear clutch pack in three places. Rebuild tranny in the end.

·
Registered
397 Posts
that happend to my73 p/w when i put it in reverse and attemped to back over a rock BANG and no reverse .. found a large chunk of steel in the pan . it was the reverse band simple fix it all loads thru the front . all forward gears worked ok.??
eh let us know what ya find out .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts