Dodge RamCharger Central banner
161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 · (Edited)
Thanks Panda! I am totally finished. Holding the hole day drill maschine is nothing for people who are used to work in Excel... There was also some heavier rust around the roof hatch. Probably there came some water in years before. Working on the roof and getting color, dust and rust in my face I like most ;) But when it will be ready all the pain will be forgotten. I let the key in the ignition lock to keep motivated. The day of turning it again will come :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
It is still too cold to paint the body inside. Hope this week we'll have the +10°C the color needs. Nevertheless the roll bar is ready. Not perfect but much better than before.
Wood Road surface Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Hardwood
Wood Triangle Road surface Brick Tints and shades

There must be a reason why professionals does not use color spray...

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,367 Posts
Lol, thats determination and dedication when you start painting things in your living room! 😂

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
😂 I would but my wife would not be exited. Ok, what do I need a wife for, I habe a Ramcharger 😀

There is an emty appartment in the attic above us, half finished. There are some old funitures and all the interior of my RC. My landlord who lives in the basement will finish that appartment for himself but he will have to waint until I brounght all that stuff back where it belongs to 😁
Window Wood Textile Interior design Luggage and bags

Attachments

Reactions: KurtfromLaQuinta

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Yeah, today +11,5°C in the garage, will later start to paint all the areas where I have used the rust protector. Will do it like the Stones:

I see a red door Ram
And I want it painted black
No colors anymore
I want them to turn black
;)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Inside it is ready, will Monday check if I anything fotgot to paint

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive design

The area above the windsreen has also already the rust converter that made the metal a bit black. Today I put on the sealing mass, Monday will the black color cover it all:
Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Then I can start to build in first parts again. Will glue some insulation mats on the ground like Panda did. The mats at the bed and wheel house were all bad. At the front there was nothing.

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
Inside it is ready, will Monday check if I anything fotgot to paint

View attachment 628355

The area above the windsreen has also already the rust converter that made the metal a bit black. Today I put on the sealing mass, Monday will the black color cover it all:
View attachment 628356

Then I can start to build in first parts again. Will glue some insulation mats on the ground like Panda did. The mats at the bed and wheel house were all bad. At the front there was nothing.
Are you spelling swear words in German there? ;D

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
So eine Scheisse, jetzt hat man mich erwischt ;-)

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Wood Automotive exterior

At the picture it looks not very nice but in fact when the screen is back and the trim strip will be back it is almost invisible.

Automotive tire Tread Road surface Tire Textile

Does it make sense to make also mats at the rear right an lefr? Have some leftover.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
So eine Scheisse, jetzt hat man mich erwischt ;-)

View attachment 628404
Does it make sense to make also mats at the rear right an lefr? Have some leftover.
I plan to do the same and bring it up the sidewall too. There is a lot of air whipping around in there.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Yes, I remember you did it in your car. I have no idea if I'll need it. Some people here say I don't... Have you had any mats of foam in your car before? Can you hear any difference now? I had only a mat at the bed and some mats around rear wheel case, nothing at the front.

I'll do it that way: I won't do it now because I have no time for it. Have to make the car running asap. But I'll have to take the seats out next or overnext winter to bring the new seat covers in. The I'll have a chance to do it.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Wouldn't the mass backing on the carpet work just as well as foam?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Yes, the carpet is really thick. Much more as on new cars. It could be the foam makes not such a big difference. Let's see what Panda will report.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Mass backing reduces some of the noises but combined with the additional foam makes a huge difference when it comes to ride comfort.

I testes decibel level after each layer(butyl, foam and carpets with mass backing) and noticed differences after each of them.

Let me put it this way. If you're not planning any long trips you can skip foam.
Second reason for doing this would be keeping the truck as close to original as possible, but you already used the butyl mats so I see no point in that.

I already made a few "slow" road trips with my wife, the longest was 500 miles and it was perfect.

I recently took a friend of mine for a spin(he drives a 70s charger) and his comment was priceless: Man, I can hear my thoughts in here;)

I think it's worth the effort and I plan to do it to my blue truck as well.

I'd suggest replacing all the door seals at the same time for a better result.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Mass backing reduces some of the noises but combined with the additional foam makes a huge difference when it comes to ride comfort.

I testes decibel level after each layer(butyl, foam and carpets with mass backing) and noticed differences after each of them.

Let me put it this way. If you're not planning any long trips you can skip foam.
Second reason for doing this would be keeping the truck as close to original as possible, but you already used the butyl mats so I see no point in that.

I already made a few "slow" road trips with my wife, the longest was 500 miles and it was perfect.

I recently took a friend of mine for a spin(he drives a 70s charger) and his comment was priceless: Man, I can hear my thoughts in here;)

I think it's worth the effort and I plan to do it to my blue truck as well.

I'd suggest replacing all the door seals at the same time for a better result.
What type of foam are you using?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
What type of foam are you using?
I used closed cell foam 9mm on the doors and floors, 6mm on the door panels(for better audio). I used two layers on the tunnel to reduce the shaft noise and it also helped with the wrinkles on carpet.

It's more or less this one but I bought the length, it was arounr 4 feet wide, it's easier to apply on flat surfaces.

Noico Red 150 mil (4mm) 36 sqft (3.4 sqm) Noico Liner Car Heat and Sound Insulation,Heat and Cool Liner, Self-Adhesive Closed Cell Foam (PE Foam) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TKXMPH7/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_AKTQVNJ2H6HY1EJTJ7R8

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
161 - 180 of 215 Posts