Dodge RamCharger Central banner
141 - 160 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
T @jollydodger - where have you placed the mesh?
jollydodger is upset at a misunderstanding currently...https://www.ramchargercentral.com/threads/1979-w200-club-cab-adventurer-se-modifed-part-time-4wd-revival.323296/page-6#post-3604002
I've tried, and others have to... trying to correct the issue.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
I have started to change the seals at the firewall. Wiper motor and accelerator pedal were a bit rusty. Looks like someone painted the visible part of the wiper motor black:
Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Rim Gas
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Rim Bicycle part Wood
Automotive tire Light Wood Brick Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
I removed the rust as good as possible and will paint both black. Won't be perfect because the I do not want to disassemble the gas pedal because Ifear I won't get it together again and the motor can be only painted. But even better than before:
Plumbing fixture Bathroom Plumbing Gas Household hardware

Road surface Asphalt Grey Floor Grass

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
No I suvived the pest :) In times of home office quarantine is not what it has been before :( I work only ~10 hours per week at the Dodge. During the week 2-3 evenings needed for demonstations... 😏

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
I removed the rust as good as possible and will paint both black. Won't be perfect because the I do not want to disassemble the gas pedal because Ifear I won't get it together again and the motor can be only painted. But even better than before:
View attachment 626117
View attachment 626118
You can "get into" the wiper motor fairly easily.
This guy has a pretty good explanation... Wiper Motor Gear

I just went through mine.
I'll post the story with a few pictures when I get a chance on my forum page... My '74 Power Wagon I Ordered from Dodge on 8/73

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Thanks, I'll try to fresh it a bit up. Same for the fan, looks also easy to open.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
I freshed up the blower and the wiper motor. More from outside with a fresh piant. Inside I removed the dust and put in some grease. For the blower motor it was maybe not worth it. You can get them for 20$... I did not open the wiper motor completely, only the engine side. Maybe I should by two new ones just to have them when I'll need them. At the other hand I don't use the blower and the wiper very often. Maybe they are still good for another 40 years...
Automotive tire Rim Alloy wheel Gas Bicycle part

Automotive tire Font Gas Vehicle brake Circle

Have started with the new insulation for the firewall. Hope I'll reach the point soon where I build in more again than I take out... Spring is coming and the Ram is not ready for driving :(
Wood Font Tints and shades Metal Road surface

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Does anybody know the original color of the roll bar? Looks like original = rusty and later overpainted :)

Wood Triangle Road surface Brick Composite material

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Worked on the electric around the dash and started to conserve the firewall. Also on the bed was some rust on the surface. Will put some Expoxy rust converter on and black 2k color.
Brown Wood Brick Wood stain Rectangle

Hood Window Automotive tire Paint Motor vehicle

Snake Sleeve Scaled reptile Wood Gas
Motor vehicle Wood Red Automotive exterior Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
I hope it will be warmer soon. I don't want to do the rust protection below +10 degrees (50°F). I'll have to wait for another 2 weeks. Doesn't matter, there are still enough things to do before. Hope it is still realitic to make the car runable until 1st of May. Some things like roofliner will take longer. When it will be driveable again then I'll have time :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Yes, I'm not sure why there is at some points rust and at most other other not. Sometimes you can see some some bubbles, mostly there is no real rust below, only bubbles in the laquer. Of course it would be the best to remove the whole color but that's to much work for me. My job is behind the desk, my ressources for real work are limited :D Where is no rust after 40 years there won't come up anything hopefully for the next 20 ones. But you are right, at some points it was good to remove it now. In 20 other years there would not be any metal anymore :oops:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
No bird is allowed to poop into my RAM. The one who tries it nevertheless will get to know my Mossberg ;)

Maybe that's sealant. The guys in the factory spread it around in the cabin...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Today I fnished removing the rust inside the cabin. Mostly it was only a bit on the surface or there were bubbles but no visible rust below. But in some places it was good to it now because the rust was alredy deeper in the metal. Later on I finished to paint all with rust remover. Will do it for a second time this week and later black 2k color will cover it all. Hope in two weeks it will be warmer and I can do the cavity preservation in the roof. Then I can start to build in all the interior again. Because I have already refurbished the ventilation box and painted the roll bar I decided that I have done more than 50% of the job :) Target date to make the car mobile again is 1st of May.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive parking light Hood
Paint Rectangle Fixture Automotive lighting Tints and shades

Reactions: Panda
141 - 160 of 215 Posts