Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks great. That's one of the best improvements you could have done to the truck. No more disconnecting the battery, no more worrying about leaving the door open and draining the battery. (y)

I use it in my RC and other cars as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
Today I changed some trim strips strips. Looks better now with the ones I got drom DODGEBOYS :) I also changed some tired hoses. The art of gluing has bothered me for a long time.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
During working today I saw this hose connection is loose and leaks a bit. The plastic around looks still good. Does
anybody know how to fix it? Is it possible to fix it from the inside of the valve cover? Should I exchage it and if yes what's the name of it?

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Seems to be this one here: Valve Cover Oil Cap and PCV Valve For SB and BB Mopar 318 340 360 361 383 440 | eBay

Don't know what this is for:
Valve Cover Oil Cap
I have to remove the valve cover to replace it, right?
Not necessarily.
If it's brittle you will have to be careful that the pieces don't fall into the hole. If that happens... yes, you'll need to take off the cover.
If it comes off cleanly... the new one will fit into the hole with an interference fit. A little oil for lubing with make it slide in easier.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I made a Video:
So I think my rubber grommet is broken. If I got you right it should go in with a "plop" and should be tight without any assembling. My doesn't, so there is no chance to repair it wittout a new one.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey Eike, any progress on your RC?

·
Registered
1977 BIG BLOCK RAMCHARGER ,1983 W250 LONG BED GAS SUCKER, 1987 MONEY PIT JEEP WRANGLER
23 Posts
Last week I changed the seal of the roof hatch. Yesterday the car was four hours in the rain including some driving and everything was fine. The seal was 11$ only at ebay. Unfortunately the hatch was glued in, so I had to do all the work on the roof :eek:
What company made the hatch seal and what is the part number ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Hey Eike, any progress on your RC?
Havent' done so much last weeks because of vacation and other tasks. I have ordered some parts again and wait now to receive them. That won't be before end of August. I replaced some damaged trim strips. I can't continue around the rear window at drivers side because missing clips that will be in the next shipment.

In fact, there isn't so much to do at my RC. I could change the rear bumper and the back lights but it is not urgend. As long as the car is running I do not hurry up because I don't want to be ready too fast. Will need something to do in long winters. When it is around zero degrees in the garage it is much more for tough guys :)

If anybody could send a picutre of the electric switch for the parking brake that would help me. My warning lamp still does not work and I have no idea how to turn this switch.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Havent' done so much last weeks because of vacation and other tasks. I have ordered some parts again and wait now to receive them. That won't be before end of August. I replaced some damaged trim strips. I can't continue around the rear window at drivers side because missing clips that will be in the next shipment.

In fact, there isn't so much to do at my RC. I could change the rear bumper and the back lights but it is not urgend. As long as the car is running I do not hurry up because I don't want to be ready too fast. Will need something to do in long winters. When it is around zero degrees in the garage it is much more for tough guys :)

If anybody could send a picutre of the electric switch for the parking brake that would help me. My warning lamp still does not work and I have no idea how to turn this switch.
We have the opposite problem here. The garage temperatures this time of year are pretty much unbearable.
Thankfully, I have an evaporative cooler with lots of CFM's. But it only works well on dry days.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
My garage has a attic above so it is not so hot there in summer. And here in the mountains at 700m altitude the nights are often below 70° F, so it is getting colder overnight again.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
After long time I was able to repair the warning lamp for the parking brake. Call it idiot lamp - I have forgotten once to lose the parking brake completely and drove two miles :oops: - I' happy it is working now.

The switch was bent in the wrong way. It looked original for me and I was not able to find out how it should work:

After getting a photo of a working one it was easy to make it working:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I try to put this new trim strip in at the rear window but it seems to bei immpossible to come arround the lower corner. Any ideas that makes it easier?

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 · (Edited)
OK, I'm back in the game. My neighboor is much more skilled than me and helped me a lot. We are now at the lower left corner, I hope I'll be able to finish until weekend. Solution: Heating the black rubber medium but not the trim strip (and having a neighboor who is working in car prototype development:)).

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
OK, I'm back in the game. My neighboor is much more skilled than me and helped me a lot. We are now at the lower left corner, I hope I'll be able to finish until weekend. Solution: Heating the black rubber medium but not the trim strip (and having a neighboor who is working in car prototype development:)).
Skills matter!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
It's done. Not perfect, but even better than before.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts