Dodge RamCharger Central banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I'm always surprised about the less rust - just sniping around, almost no rust. Other parts of the car like steering column are full of a light rustfilm. I now have done some wax into the doors but beside the hinges there is almost no rust.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Dash board is back again :D

Attachments

·
Registered
13,189 Posts
I have 2 of those steering wheels , I've been tempted to install one on my '93 . nicest one in that era .

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Yes, I like it too. Mine is a bit used, at one point the rubber comes off a bit. Maybe I'll let it cover by leather.

By the way, is it easy to remove? Just open all visible screws? My hazard flasher switch is just a woodscrew {puke}. I have a new cable set with a real plastic hazard flasher switch. To change it the wheel has to be removed.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Albuchler said:
Dash board is back again :D
Nice looking dash... Great job!
Love the family photo :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
:) Was the idea of my lady. Things get strangely when ladies geht cool ideas around V8 cars and Star Trek :eek: Maybe I'm interpreting too much in there. Probably she wanted only the Star Trek magnet away from her fridge  ;D

·
Registered
569 Posts
Albuchler said:
Probably she wanted only the Star Trek magnet away from her fridge ;D
So honestly... How many did she make you install in the RC? ;) ;D

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Albuchler said:
Yes, I like it too. Mine is a bit used, at one point the rubber comes off a bit. Maybe I'll let it cover by leather.

By the way, is it easy to remove? Just open all visible screws? My hazard flasher switch is just a woodscrew {puke}. I have a new cable set with a real plastic hazard flasher switch. To change it the wheel has to be removed.
The wheel is pretty simple to remove.
You'll need a puller. I think a stock wheel needs a 2 bolt puller.
With a puller like this... https://www.harborfreight.com/bolt-type-wheel-puller-set-62620.html?cid=paid_google|||62620&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4uqx68Lv7wIVTT6tBh2hpA5FEAQYASABEgI_CPD_BwE
It can pull a wheel with 2 or 3 bolts.
And it comes in handy for pulling other things off our trucks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Before you remove it, make a mark in the steering wheel and on the shaft(straight pencil or sharpie line) so you can align it later.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Panda said:
Before you remove it, make a mark in the steering wheel and on the shaft(straight pencil or sharpie line) so you can align it later.
Yep. Stock wheels will do that for you.
I can't stand the stock wheel. Way too big of a diameter for me.
With a Grant wheel and their adapters... you can put the wheel anywhere you want.

·
Registered
569 Posts
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
With a Grant wheel and their adapters... you can put the wheel anywhere yo want.
Yep, but you gotta have them first.
Just checked them out... Some are really sick ;D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Albuchler said:
Yes. That's the one.
I've had my steering wheel off so many times now. It's just like second nature. Almost like I know what I'm doing. ;D

·
Registered
569 Posts
Albuchler said:
At the end I'll pay almost 100$ just to have no screw but a real hazard flasher switch :eek: ;D
You can do it yourself. Looks easy

Or do it the hard way like tris guy;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Having such an extractor makes sense. I'm sure I'll use it also for other things than the wheel. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Panda said:
You can do it yourself. Looks easy

Or do it the hard way like tris guy;)
On the first one they recommend metric bolts. I'm pretty sure our trucks do not use not metric. Make sure of the threads before you try to screw the wrong stuff in there.
On the second video... I don't think so. ;D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I'll buy this box with metric and non metric screws. The guy in the video seems to have fun removing the wheel. Think he'll do it for a beer  ;D

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'd do it for free, just to see how it goes.

Disclaimer: not on my truck :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I have installed a switch to turn the electric off when the car is in the garage.

Reactions: Panda
61 - 80 of 99 Posts