Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The rear bench armrests were broken. Got better ones from Dodgeboys, freshed them a little up and now they a part of my Ram  :)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi Eike, from which part of Germany do you come from ? I suppose south of "Weißwurstäquator" ?  ;D
Cheers from Hagen  :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hi Hardi, you have a cool Dodge! Yes, South Germany, Schwaebische Alb.

·
Registered
10 Posts
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
White sausage equator.
So, is the south superior to the north?
I' from the middle part of Germany, but frankly said, yes southern Germany is pretty attractive......much beer, excellent wines, good meals, mountains and the Alps with Bavaria.......... :D :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
White sausage equator.
So, is the south superior to the north?
That's exactly how it is ;D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The RAM got today a part of his dignity back: Passanger seat release is back to standard.

It was always a horror to open the door and to see this f**king wire loop. Thank you Dodgeboys!

I was really surprised the spring stays in position but so far it does.

Another pain point is the hazard warning switch  {rant} I already have bougt the whole wheel electric new but I think I'll have to remove the steering wheel to install it. Will take some time...

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
A new distributor came in yesterday, which will hopefully stop the sudden loss of spark. So far the engine is running again  :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I refreshed the lamps at the rear seat and the trunk. The one I got from Dean were also used but electrics were much better than my lamps. Now they look better and a bit brighter. Will have to clean the plastic covers a bit and work on the area around. I'll mend the "wood" a bit and paint over the silver stripes with nail polish.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Albuchler said:
I refreshed the lamps at the rear seat and the trunk. The one I got from Dean were also used but electrics were much better than my lamps. Now they look better and a bit brighter. Will have to clean the plastic covers a bit and work on the area around. I'll mend the "wood" a bit and paint over the silver stripes with nail polish.
Those little things add up to make a better truck.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yes, step by step it goes forward. Unfortunately there are some things I can't improve like damaged interior synthetic leather. In total all the interior is in good condition. But you know: If you improve the worst part your view turns to the second worst one :eek: At one point I'll have to stop. It is a truck and it should stay one with all scars from many years of use.

The nice thing is with every small step I see my truck with new eyes. For other people it is just an interior lamp in still not perfect condition, I remember what I did on it. That makes it totally different and more it more it becomes to be MY truck.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
While on cleaning up the dashboard cables, changing the climate control unit and the radio I was able to fix the power door locks. I have only on working switch and solenoid. But now I can lock/unlock the door at passengers side by moving the door button at drivers site. Great progress!

If anyone has a swtich (need the rocker only) and a solenoid left please contact me!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Freshing up the Dashboard a bit. Not perfect but a bit better.

Oh and I did something elso for my RAM: Destroyed one of the speakers in the door. So he'll get noe new ones  ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I'm also changing some damaged air outlet nozzles. Left - old one, middle from Dean in perfect condition but without silver edge, right almost completely paintet. Unfortunately my wifes favorite Christmas card pen is empty now :eek: Fear I will have to bring the things I'll need for the next days in the garage and sleep into the RAM  :-\

Attachments

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Albuchler said:
I'm also changing some damaged air outlet nozzles. Left - old one, middle from Dean in perfect condition but without silver edge, right almost completely paintet. Unfortunately my wifes favorite Christmas card pen is empty now :eek: Fear I will have to bring the things I'll need for the next days in the garage and sleep into the RAM :-\
Those paint pens come in handy for painting details.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Even it is not visible after assembling the covers I could not keep it how it was...

Attachments

·
Registered
13,181 Posts
nice clean up , yeah i guess all he had was tin snips , straight ones at that ..

41 - 60 of 99 Posts