Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is an 84 D100 prospector 2wd. I bought it to salvage some parts for my Ramcharger, namely the doors and the aftermarket radiator. Now I'm at a point where I'm not sure what I want to do with it. Although it's a neat old truck, fixing it up would cost a lot more than I want to throw at it. It's too rough to sell and get any money out of, I only paid 700 for it to begin with. I don't want to scrap it because A) It's a prospector and I know there's a guy somewhere restoring a prospector that would want the parts (I thought about converting my Ramcharger but there's no way that bigass fuel tank will fit under there) and B) the 318 runs great, I don't start it often but it fires right up every time, and while I only drove it once to bring it home when I bought it, the 727 worked fine, no bad noises or anything. I'm thinking about maybe pulling the engine and tranny, and keeping those. My RC has the 727 also so I'd have a spare just in case. Don't imagine I'd get much for the stock 318 but I could hold onto it for a future project I guess. But if I do that the thing will no longer run or drive so I'd be even less able to sell it. I could part it out, but it'd still be sitting there and I kinda want it gone. Idk. Do you guys have any thoughts? Am I underestimating my ability to sell it as is? Is it worth saving the engine and trans?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wish I could score a 2wd long bed. hop that 318 up and make it a sleeper!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I could score a 2wd long bed. hop that 318 up and make it a sleeper!!
It would be cool, but I don't want to put any money into it, I'm just not into 2wds. I'd rather put it towards my Ramcharger. If you're willing to drive to Idaho I'll give ya a good deal lol.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Brother if I had the coins, I’d be on my way right now. I just spent all my life earnings in rebuilding my entire front end on my RC :cry:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brother if I had the coins, I’d be on my way right now. I just spent all my life earnings in rebuilding my entire front end on my RC :cry:
I feel ya, I spent more than I paid for my RC having the front and rear ends overhauled this spring. Still can't wheel with it cause my CAD is shot and axle parts are on backorder 🙃

That being said, it's not going anywhere for a minute. I haven't even done the rad swap yet. If you come get her she's yours for 5 big ones.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Do you have room to keep it? Might come in handy if you hit a deer or put your RC in the ditch or something. Glass and grilles and such are getting tough to come by,

Otherwise, sell. Like others say, somebody out there will want it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have room to keep it? Might come in handy if you hit a deer or put your RC in the ditch or something. Glass and grilles and such are getting tough to come by,

Otherwise, sell. Like others say, somebody out there will want it.
I'd like to get rid of it, at some point I'm gonna have to get something else to daily because my RC chugs gas and I don't want to have 3 rigs. But I know at some point I'll need a grill or something and wish I still had it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, when I said keep it I didn't necessarily mean you had to fix it up and drive it. Put it off somewhere and use parts when you need them?

If you don't have room, then I think you probably already answered your question.

·
Registered
28,509 Posts
here's some advice an old timer told me about the same subject [ if you don't have the room for a Large item , make it smaller = throw all the bolts away [ take it apart ]

list of items that fit your RC / engine - tranny - frame - rearend and springs - complete frontend sheet metal - doors - seat - dash - every wiring harness in the truck front to rear - windshield - bumpers - rear quater sheet metal - tail lights // pretty much other than the front suspension every part can be used on your RC

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I would simply hang onto it. Pump up the tires and pressure wash off the algae now and again. Keep it running/movable. Good storage space in the back. Before you know it, you'll need something major from it and be glad you had it.

One of my spare trucks is a 'storage unit' for an extra pickup box and a 14' aluminum boat. Another has a canopy with a plethora of dodge parts stored inside.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would simply hang onto it. Pump up the tires and pressure wash off the algae now and again. Keep it running/movable. Good storage space in the back. Before you know it, you'll need something major from it and be glad you had it.

One of my spare trucks is a 'storage unit' for an extra pickup box and a 14' aluminum boat. Another has a canopy with a plethora of dodge parts stored inside.
Yeah, you can't see it from the picture but the bed and cab are full of junk that I don't have anywhere else to put.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts