Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a 87 W250 I can pick up cheap but I am wondering what axles it might have in it. How can I tell? The rear is quite large and probably a dana 60 but the front seems larger than my 44 but not as large as the rear. It is also a non cad axle with selectro hubs. Is that a factory option? Any help on how to identify theese axles would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
If the front axle has Selectro hubs, it's a D60.  Congrats on finding the Mopar truck holy grail, lol.  The rear will almost absolutely have to be a D60 also, unless someone changed it.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Lucky! ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, now I need to go and look again at it to compare the pictures and make sure but it sounds like i found a great deal. Any additional info would be great. Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
Here's a pic of the Selectro external hub on a front D60:

My hubs are lacking a bit of paint, lol. ;D

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Just a heads up, Selectro Hubs can also be found on D44's  ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Just a heads up, Selectro Hubs can also be found on D44's ;)
Yep. That's what's on the D44HD in my 82 W350.

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
Yes, but those are pretty rare and not what most people think of when talking about Selectros.  There are also the older small style external hubs like on '74 and earlier Dodge D44HDs and some Jeeps.  Just like a Warn, only made a little cheaper and a different name.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.