Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
29,380 Posts
I don't know how the law reads but......Several years ago, my brother and I got stopped at a UHP road block. The officer saw me fumbling around inside the truck (I was trying to fix my brothers seat belt so I could put it on). They were suspicious and asked if they could serach the vehicle.
We said yes and told them there was a gun under the seat. The officer pulled it out, checked and saw that the chamber and the next cylinder were empty, and said this was okay.
Again, I don't know how the law reads, but this was acceptable to the potrolman. I don't know how this would apply to guns other than revolvers, but I've heard that a gun needs to be in a state that would require two actions before the gun is ready to fire.
Hopefully, somebody else will chime in with the specifics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks it is kind of vauge so i'll probably leave it home. Not that I think anything bad will happen on the road but you never know

·
29,380 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it, go ahead and bring it. I've been carrying a 38 revolver loaded that way for years, of course I've never been searched other than that time with my brother.
If you are un-certain on the "unloaded" part, just put your gun in a case, under your seat and don't load it, just keep the bullets close by.

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
KThaxton said:
I don't know how the law reads but......Several years ago, my brother and I got stopped at a UHP road block. The officer saw me fumbling around inside the truck (I was trying to fix my brothers seat belt so I could put it on). They were suspicious and asked if they could serach the vehicle.
We said yes and told them there was a gun under the seat. The officer pulled it out, checked and saw that the chamber and the next cylinder were empty, and said this was okay.
Again, I don't know how the law reads, but this was acceptable to the potrolman. I don't know how this would apply to guns other than revolvers, but I've heard that a gun needs to be in a state that would require two actions before the gun is ready to fire.
Hopefully, somebody else will chime in with the specifics.
You should always ask them to provide a warrant, it is best you do this, no matter what your doing, always ask for a warrant, after a few times they will leave you alone.

Any infringement on me carrying is a 2nd ammendment violation, alot of judges wont touch it, especially if your legit, and not a criminal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.