Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see color options but durability and the main thing I am looking for.
I would love to learn a great option in white and in dark purple were available?
I know there are dozens now not sure how to separate the best choices from the below average options.

Thanks PG

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
The best choices are the ones done by a shop, Rhino, Line-X, etc.  It's expensive, but while some of the D.I.Y. coatings hold up well, none of them that I have seen come close to a sprayed in liner, properly prepped by a shop.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Line-x $$$$$$ the pro applying it and the prep is the key !

·
Registered
1977 W-200 318-727-203
417 Posts
White will be (nearly) Impossible to do, due to the nature of the beast it will yellow in (a very short) time.
But also don't forget; that RC is steel, steel rusts! whatever you do it rusts! as soon it comes in contact with oxigen.
therefore they apply paint, not to get it rust free, but to slow down rust.

I'm sure you are aware of the fact that once bed liner is applied that is VERY difficult if not impossible to remove?
that does it also when you (after a certain amount of time) need to repair the rust damage to your now good RC.

In other words, it will be very difficult if not impossible to weld in new pieces when they are rust trough.

just remember that if your goal is to keep that RC for eternity???

good luck to you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've used some stuff called "shake and shoot" on my service truck bed.  Applied with a cheapie harbor freight sprayer that has held up well.  That said, it cracks with use and doesn't have nearly the elasticity as line-x or rhino lining.  Maybe some kind of epoxy "spatter" coating would be better as exterior paint... ???

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thin bed liner type paint = Raptor liner

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
area51 said:
White will be (nearly) Impossible to do, due to the nature of the beast it will yellow in (a very short) time.
But also don't forget; that RC is steel, steel rusts! whatever you do it rusts! as soon it comes in contact with oxigen.
therefore they apply paint, not to get it rust free, but to slow down rust.

I'm sure you are aware of the fact that once bed liner is applied that is VERY difficult if not impossible to remove?
that does it also when you (after a certain amount of time) need to repair the rust damage to your now good RC.

In other words, it will be very difficult if not impossible to weld in new pieces when they are rust trough.

just remember that if your goal is to keep that RC for eternity???

Dang OK will weight that info I do have a bunch of them and was wanting one that I wasn't trying to keep pretty but yellowed white area would really suck. Thanks for all the post everyone. PG

good luck to you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If your set on diy, I recommend monstaliner. I’ve used a lot of brands, duplicolor, rustoleum, etc. and this one yields the best results. The “smart” brand from finish master is also good. I used that stuff on my bed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.