Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother's coming out either December or November, and I was wondering, what restaurants sell good food.
I'll start it off with
Honey bears BBQ on Central and Thomas ( other locations? )
El Nortinos' ( Mexican food ) on 7 Ave just south of 17 ( the tunnel ) just before the red light on the north-west corner.

Any other favorite places that you like?
I was thinking that while he's out here, I'll give him a taste of the southwest. Also, give a location or address.
Thanks

P.S.
I myself like hot and spicy foods. But anything good will be appreciated.

·
Registered
660 Posts
There is also a Miracle Mile in Arrowhead mall.

Try the Claim Jumper on the Loop 101 and I 17 (southwest corner, get off of the 101 at 35th and head east, by the target) They have awesome food and huge portions. Huge is an understatement here. My fiance and I went and ordered two dinners and an appetizer and ate for a week, no joke. The doggy bags are the size of grocery bags.

Also try Oreganos on about 10th St and Camelback. Very good pizza (being a Chicago native, I am an expert in this area). Also try the Cookie dessert - unbelieveable.

For a good Burrito go to Chipolte on 59th and Greenway (or T-Bird). Very good.

When I think of more, I'll let you know.

Ryan

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey, man...you gotta listen to "84" on the Claim Jumper. There's another one at the Mills mall if it's closer. It's our favorite place....did he mention the peice of chocolate cake that's about 10" tall?!

Next is Texaz Grill on 16thst & Bethany. N/E corner. I'm a Texan, I should know! ;) Gooood Chicken fried chicken. Not a real nice joint, just good.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks for the respons every one. This is a BIG city, so a little drive won't hurt at all. I told him that I was going to take him out to get a taste of the food and he's getting pretty excited about coming out.

·
Registered
660 Posts
OOOOHH how did I forget the CAKE OF ALL CAKES???. I wonder about myself sometimes

And Nick is right, Lukes on 16th is really good too. Get the Combo (Italian beef and Sausage) with provolone and peppers. Really greasy and very good. He gets his beef and sausage shipped from Chicago so its genuine Chicago Italian Beef.

·
Registered
244 Posts
For authentic mexican you should try Los Dos Milinos at 8646 S Central Av. It is a local establishment that has been in Phoenix a while.

I live in the East Valley so here are some good local eateries -
Guedos - Mexico Baha Style - Chandler Blvd & Arizona Ave
Rigitony's - Italian (awesome) - Arizona Ave south of Warner
Joe's BBQ - Gilbert Rd north of Elliot
Mint Thai Cafe - Gilbert Rd north of Guadalupe
BD's Mongollion BBQ - Mill St & 5th? (ASU campus)

If you go up to Sedona you should ask directions for the Enchantment Resort. It sits secuded in a canyon and the views are great, especially at sunset (which is early because of the canyon). One of their restuarants is fairly reasonable and we usually go for a late lunch.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not sure exactly where it is I followed them at night and wasnt paying attention, but I think its called "Fire and Ice" (?) Mongollion style

·
Registered
660 Posts
AZ-Trailduster said:
anybody remember a little place in Westridge mall called Maid Rite? They made like sloppy joes without the sloppy

it was really good stuff
i've been craving one of those for 5 years

has anyone seen one of these anywhere lately?
Nick,

My family has been makin those for years. All it is is ground beef with onions, salt and pepper. just brown it, drain the fat and eat up.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My mom might kill me for telling her little secrete for sloppy joes ::), but here it is. Use a good quality ground beef ( very little fat ), cook it up and add a little sweet relish, onions, ketchup, mustard, and anything else you would like. Here's the secrete, add a little bit of brown sugar. people will come back for more.{cool}

1 - 9 of 9 Posts