Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were our beloved RCs and TDs ever made as models?  I just run across an old Chevy Blazer 1/25 scale model, that I buillt years ago, and got to thinking about a model RC.  After looking around on the net, I have found nothing.  So were they ever made?

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Yup.  I seem to remember a '78 model pulling a boat as a model.  I've seen an '80s Ramcharger as a model also but I can't remember if it was an actual kit or a factory promotional model.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WTF!  When I want something, it's always expensive.  I was actually thinking if I could find one for under $20 I might have to build it.  But "I don't got that much" lol.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
silvermopar1 said:
WTF! When I want something, it's always expensive. I was actually thinking if I could find one for under $20 I might have to build it. But "I don't got that much" lol.
I hear ya I would love that first one. ;D

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
The one with the boat is actually a good deal at $26.  The other two are overpriced by about $30.  Remember that these kits have been out of production for probably 20 years. Also keep in mind that as far as model quality goes, Monogram is about one step up from a snap together model.  The detail is weak and the kits are poor quality.  There are a few resin kits out there also if you really want to spend some money but they are for an experienced modeler.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
The parts are probably from incomplete or damaged kits.  Since many modelers buy kits just to use certain pieces on other models, offering the individual sprues up for sale is a smart way to go for both the seller and the modeler needing the parts.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes elwenil, I figured that.  Sorry, I was trying to be funny.

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
we used to have a pro model builder here on the site... silver03rc I think was his name... but haven't seen him on for a long long time...

Scott

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Here's one that my grandfather has on display in his den. It's about 20 Years old (so is the dust on it  :p )

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Here's one that my grandfather has on display in his den. It's about 20 Years old (so is the dust on it :p )
Looks like one of the Monogram kits with the suspension tires and axles from one of the old Bigfoot models.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Elwenil said:
Looks like one of the Monogram kits with the suspension tires and axles from one of the old Bigfoot models.
No clue, i was too young to remember when that thing was built :p

My grandfather is a bit of a Model Nut, beside that Ramcharger, is a model that matches his '71 340 Twister down to the last detail ;D

He's also got a LRE Model and a '78 Shortbed, and a bunch of other Mopar models (mostly trucks). He's currently trying to find a 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe Model so that he has a model that matches his '48 Special Deluxe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts