Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to reinstall the  windows in my top on my 79 Ramcharger. No one seems to have the weatherstrip to put them back in. Does anyone have a part number and vendor for these? Any help would be appreciated. It's almost done...…………… Thanks, Randy

·
Registered
232 Posts
Check with Precision.  They are making a few unobtainable items for Ramchargers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Precision shows unavailable on the part number on jc whitney right now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I could post some pictures. They threw the old stuff away during the process. I'm looking for some remnants from another build, but haven't found anything. LMC has a lot of stuff, but nothing that goes up there. I'll find them somewhere. LOL

G

·
If you're talking about that fuzzy type seal at the top of the door window channel, you might take some measurements of your RC the top, the forward and rear channels where the window glides along. Then check some late model Dodge Ram pick ups, at your local JYards. You may find a good close fitting substitute. I also found that Automotive Goop works extremely well attaching the weatherstrip around the rear hatch on my RC. It does not easily drip, so it gives you time to work on the weatherstrip etc. Once it cures it attaches very firmly where you put it. I ordered some off ebay, as the big retailers in my area of FL seem to understock it. In the case re ebay. I received it within days, it was very clear, flowed well in short..."fresh" !!
Whenever I purchased same from the big box stores, the goop seems to be cloudy, as if it had aged..too much shelf time ?? I was never able to use the total product. So I know where I will be shopping for that..in the future. Good Luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I need the seals that hold the windows in the top and back glass.

·
Administrator
62,311 Posts
If you can find the old glass seal, take a razor blade, and make a slice. Then Google all the different names you can think of, and compare the dimensions. This is just an example of how they are sold. The important dimensions are the two thicknesses, and the spacing between.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.