Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PowerWagonPete said:
Care to elaborate, '79? LOL ;D
well my carb was bad.. so i pulled off the ole holley and put on a 2bl carter i have here.. i knew it was good.. got it cleaned up and it was getting good gas.. but it wouldnt fire.. i spent all day trying to get it to turn over and fire.

my dad came home.. took one look at it and seen that my ignition coil wires were not tightend :p

i wasted the whole day for a problem that was fixed in 5 seconds :p

on a positive note though.. i was right about the carter carb being a good one ;D runs like a champ!

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
LMBO! I've had those days too............  ;D

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
s ǝoɾ said:
Take a look at the confirmed fixes, so many of those end up being "d'oh! moments"
luckily i was able to figure it out with help from home before buggin you guys ;D

·
7,250 Posts
When I swapped the slant engines in the 87 I owned me and my dad spent an hour trying to figure out why the new engine wouldn't start. Then my dad looked down at the coil and noticed that one of the wires, can't remember which one, was broken. An hour wasted on a 2 minute fix ;D

Chris

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wycowboy said:
When I swapped the slant engines in the 87 I owned me and my dad spent an hour trying to figure out why the new engine wouldn't start. Then my dad looked down at the coil and noticed that one of the wires, can't remember which one, was broken. An hour wasted on a 2 minute fix ;D

Chris
that is almost exactly what happened with me.. only they were just not tightened.. and i spent hours by myself burning up my starter :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts