Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lets pick a date to go up to gilbert. My RC is almost done, just a few minor wiring things to fix up and the brakes to redo. Middle of september sometime would work best for me. One last big hurah before my wedding in october and before winter sets in. I got a huge load of information about other potential places that the state puts out for certain county's. Lists names and phone numbers of people to contact for OHV opportunites. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
471 Posts
next month would be good. i'm taking the RC to a local mud race today and have a wedding next weekend and trying to get tickets for the nascar/viper race at brainerd for next weekend also. ma/pa just bought a gooseneck camper so if one of those places has camping facilities that would be good

·
Registered
769 Posts
I would love to go up there, but I just sold my ride to my friend. He has already torn into it, and there probably isn't a way to get it legal and all operational in time.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure we could find you a seat duluth is right on the way...

2 maybe 3 so far, anyone else. My RC will be done by the end of august for sure. My tranny will be fixed this week, and then its just brakes and figure out my wierd wiring gremlin...

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aw come on, I'm sure you can weasel out one day... I just found out my bachelor party is on one of the last weekends of september, but that can be moved around pretty easy.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Actually, I was at my friends working on "the Dodge" (that's what we call it els we don't know who's truck were talking about) and I think that it could be opperational for a trip in a few weeks. The only thing we need to figure out is how to Lock the CAD unit so the 4wd works consistantly. Does the truck have to be insured to go up there, obviosly he couldn't drive on the roads but does he need it for the park?

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't really know. You have to have an offroad vehicle sticker from the state and you have to buy a park sticker up there, but I wouldn't think so if you towed it up there.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'll have to look into that, cause it would be so easy to just throw it on one of the bobcat trailers and haul it up there.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got my tabs for the RC today and I picked up a OHV sticker as well. Those are $38.50 and are good for a couple of years. Gonna drive it all over this weekend and see how it holds up.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, you need it to wheel in any state forest or state land that allows OHV's(off highway vehicle), Its just a registration with the dnr. Right now there are only 2 state run parks that you can, with more on the way however. I drove it down the highway home today, it handles better after the lift, tires, and no sway bar going 75 mph than it did before.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Well...we just took all the sheet metal off the front of the truck...so I don't think that it'll be going anywhere anytime soon...oh well

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Me either, my rc just broke down today on my way home and I had to have it towed....I plan to have it fixed by the weekend tho. Hopefully

1 - 14 of 14 Posts