Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short some numbnut over filled the oil in a small 4cyl by 3 or 4 quarts. There is so much oil in this engine that it looks lo me like it is filling cylinders as it tries to turn over. I have drained the oil and put the correct amount in and pulled the plugs and turned the engine over. A lot of oil was blown out but there is still so much oil in there that the plugs get fouled by cranking the engine over.

Anyone have a suggestion to get all this extra oil out with pulling the head? I have thought about rinsing the cylinders with gas and turning the engine over with the plugs out but I don't want to end up washing the walls.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
A medium to large  (think cardiac) syringe with some flexible tubing will suction that stuff right on out of there.

Cheers

Chris

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
Yeah a Mityvac on suction mode or other vacuum pump might work to suck it out.  Otherwise you may have to wash it out with a solvent of some sort.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is going to suck no matter how I do it isn't it.
I am going to bitch slap the kid that did this when I see him.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Rubbing alcohol works good to flush, and whatever excess is left in the cylinders will evaporate over night usually. Squirt a bunch in through a flexible tube, and suck residual/oil out. I did this when I sucked a bunch of water into my motor after sinking the truck. Put plugs back in the next day and it fired right back up.

·
29,540 Posts
When I rolled my RC my left bank was oil locked. I removed all four plugs and turned it over (the engine, the RC was already "righted"  :p), and much to my surprise, it ran. In fact it shot oil all over me. Never had any issues after that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the oil out and the car started. You should have seen the smoke. it looked like it was of fire for a good 20 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
Did the car have a cat on it?

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking, lol.  ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts