Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my driver side quarter panel. I had to remove the cowel and hood (etc.) in order to reach all the bolts. I noticed about a month after that my carpet was wet on the drivers side. At first I thought it was my door weather stripping but then noticed there was a stream of water coming in through the lower vent hole. First, how can I find where the water is coming in (through the cowel?) and second how can I fix it?

·
Registered
30,125 Posts
howdy / there is a drain inside the fender you just put on / its a rubber flap / you must have hit it when putting on the fender / if the flap got stuck it would not let the water out of the cowl / without takeing the fender off you would hafta take the cowl off and either reach down or use a coat hanger to open it back up

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
you also may have a ruested thru firewall..mine does, and it leaks in the same spot.

pop the hood, anbd look at the firewall just below the cowl.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
There can be a nuber of sources for a leak. You can track it down by using a hose and watering down the suspected area and having a friend look inside, under the dash and around the firewall for a leak. Hose down the entire windsheild as well.

One common area for rust and a source for your leak is the gutter along the top of the windsheild. If there is a hole, water can travel down the pillar to the floor.

I dug up this TSB on firewall cracking, it's possible that your truck has this crack, and is now leaking;

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1994/23-63-94.htm

Ed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DODGEBOYS said:
howdy / there is a drain inside the fender you just put on / its a rubber flap / you must have hit it when putting on the fender / if the flap got stuck it would not let the water out of the cowl / without takeing the fender off you would hafta take the cowl off and either reach down or use a coat hanger to open it back up
hi the fender i put on is from jc whitney and i just painted it and i dont recall seeing a rubber flap am i supposed to buy that seperate from the fender? Where on hte fender is it located?

·
Registered
30,125 Posts
the flap in on the cowl right about where the fender badge would be but inside the fender / its not part of the fender

1 - 6 of 6 Posts