Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least twice a month I go on "Walk About's"!

That's where I leave early in the morning and start driving the back roads looking for "Junk" in people's yards and junkyards.  Sometimes I come home at night and other times I stay out for 2 or 3 days.

Yesterday I found this Ramcharger in a JY.

I like the color and believe it can be saved.  The steel removable top is nice!  You can see it's missing the driver's door, has some rust and probably needs more than you can ever know HOWEVER it still interests me due the year model and color.  At this point I do not know if it has the engine or transmission.

Seller is fishing at $1500.  How cheap do I need to get this pig to make it worthwhile?

These are all the pics I have right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
It would be worth at the most to me about $500.  You can usually find decent rollers between $500-$1000

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
$500 max.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
$100 parts truck.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
would be counter-offering 300.  1500 is in crack smoker territory

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
Back in the 70's, The Pa Game Commission used Ramchargers that same color. I saw lots of them sold at the state auction, but never seen any driving around afterwards, and always wondered what happened to any of them. I would not be surprised if that was from some state, or federal govt.

·
7,250 Posts
The front axle has lockout hubs on it so it has probably been changed. A previous owner might have converted the np203 to part time and added the hub kit to it but not likely. Given what is there and the amount of work it probably needs I wouldn't give more than $300 for it.

Chris

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
With the lockouts, and hood, It is likely an 80.

With all the missing parts, and front body damage, and likely a salvage title, I would not even consider it, except for parts. Many insurance companies will not insure a vehicle with a salvage title.

I do agree with the color. I had a 79 Volare, the same color, that I got from the Pa Game commission. Had the full Police package, but not abused like the state police cars were.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.