Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THis shop is where i had my 88 dodge ram 318 rebuilt at..... I will never take anything back there again..... I was first told that i neededad an oil pump and that was it....200$ THen they called back the same day and i was told that i needed a cam roller lifters and oil pump......973$ THen they called back once again and told me that i needed lifters and oil pump.... 873$ THis price change was all in one day and just about drove my dad nuts..... WE asked the shop to save all the gaskets and parts that where removed from the engine..... THen i bought a water pump and took it down there while they had it tore apart..... When i went to pick up the truck it didnt have any parts with it except the old water pump....no lifters no oil pump no old gaskets nothin....I wasnt pleased but was happy to have the truck back..... So i said nothing....I dorve the truck for about a month before it started giving trouble..... I backed outta my gf's drive way and the truck died and wouldnt crank back.... I had to have it towed by a chevrolet and there is 40$ After i got home we decided it was the fuel pump and we replaced the pump dropped the tank all that business..... It turned ot that the shop had left a small part of the wireing harness out on the intake and after a while of driving it got hot and melted a bunch of wires....... Blowed a fuseable link...... I spent around 200 bucks tryuing to get it to crank...... THen we found it..... It was the shops fault..... THey put the harness back in half way..... I spent two weeks fixing the rats nest that they started....... THen my parents drove it to work the next day after we got it fixed and It over heated bad becasue they put to much gasket sealer in the engine........ IT was on a 90 degree day and we let it set for about 3 hours and went back to where it was setting and took off the rad cap.... WHOOOOOSH! Anti freeze went every where and little pieces of gasket went all over the place..... THen we removed the thermosat so we could get it home..... THe thermostat had melted red goopy gasket all over it an was stuck closed.....I was mad and called the shop and said they couldnt do any thing becuase we couldnt prove it was ther fualt...... THen after about a week the oil guage stopped and said i had no pressure........ THe shop installed a new oil sender when it was in the shop becuase ineeded one...... THat was another 20$ gone..... I went and got a mech guage so iwouldnt have to got through being afraid to drive it..... THis shop has horrible people who dont care about any thing..... I wouldnt buy an inspection sticker from these people......... Do not take any thing there....... EVER I have just now got the trck running right...... THe rebuild was last year.....
JAmes

1 - 1 of 1 Posts