Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing a basic set of aftermarket Bosch gauges in my truck. Where is a good keyed source to tap into for my voltmeter?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Key on power for the radio will work. I would install a 3 amp fuse between your gauge and key on power also.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Test which keyed circuit has the same voltage as your battery or very close to cuz there will be a drop in the length of wire, also in run position. 3 amp fuse yes. and make sure you have a really good ground😎

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I believe I used the bat (?) 12V terminal on the starter relay located on the drivers fender in my 78

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
the fuse block on your '85 has 2-3  BUSS bars , one supplies battery ( on all the time ) power to several fuses , the other supplies "keyed" ON  power to several fuses ,another has key ON and ACC .  you MAY have an empty fuse opening that has the keyed power to one side of the missing fuse and nothing in the other side , on the back side of the fuse block you can find that area and install from there , with a fuse ....always.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.