Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was going to suggest looking at your springs. My truck had a similar issue like yours and after I installed my new Skyjacker springs all of the rear-end problems went away. I went with the 2.5" lift springs and was the best investment ever. My truck drives like a brand new truck. I strongly recommend Skyjacker springs because they ride sooo nice on the road and articulate awesome off-road also. Plus they love Jesus 馃檹
What spring setup did you have before that? Looks like a 4" rear spring is not included in any of their kits.

Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
I just had the factory springs but they were shot. I would get wheel hop all of the time. I think a 2.5" lift spring and your factory blocks gives you 4" of lift and 2.5" without the blocks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
One major question I've never been clear on.. Did a 1990 W150 come with a factory lift? The blocks in the rear are 4" exactly and I always assumed my suspension was factory.

Skyjacker kits omit the rear springs. Skyjacker set of rear springs alone is $600. Rough Country has a kit with all four leafs.

Registered
rear blocks are factory , multiple blocks aren't

Registered
I second CCB's rec of Skyjacker springs, though they are salty. I attempted a 4" lift with Skyjacker springs on a 93 W150. Put the rear springs on. Started putting the left front on and it seemed to really stress the stock front drive. Switched to 2" lift from Skyjacker. Was too late to ship the 4" back, plus I had painted them. Read later on RCC that 4" may require driveshaft and etc. mods. I still have the D40s and D60s springs...I should sell them.

I like this company too. Someone here recc'd them and I bought springs from them for my RC. No complaints, budget priced, come with gr. 8 eye bolts.

ATSSprings.com

Registered
One major question I've never been clear on.. Did a 1990 W150 come with a factory lift? The blocks in the rear are 4" exactly and I always assumed my suspension was factory.

Skyjacker kits omit the rear springs. Skyjacker set of rear springs alone is $600. Rough Country has a kit with all four leafs.
Huh, ya you're right, Skyjacker doesn't seem to offer a kit with rear springs anymore. Strange. Nonetheless, you can buy the rears separately. Skyjacker is a little pricey but you're getting top quality springs. They come shot-peened and the springs come with a taper design that allows the springs to perform so much better in all occasions. My old Ramcharger had 4" Rough Country springs in it and it bounced like crazy driving down the road and rode the shits. Spend your money wisely, go with quality. And yes, our trucks came factory with 4" blocks.

Registered
I was going to suggest looking at your springs. My truck had a similar issue like yours and after I installed my new Skyjacker springs all of the rear-end problems went away. I went with the 2.5" lift springs and was the best investment ever. My truck drives like a brand new truck. I strongly recommend Skyjacker springs because they ride sooo nice on the road and articulate awesome off-road also. Plus they love Jesus 馃檹
Are you sure they love Jesus? Where's your proof? Just another conspiracy? HAHA! Just kidding. Doing my impression of you know who's. That is one of the reasons I use CrossBreed Holsters. Damn fine quality and they love the LORD.

Registered
Hahaha, too funny man! Love it! Lol. Just in case some people DO think that - this is what they give you buy anything from them but, well, maybe I digress. I just noticed that they support Kenneth Copeland ministries. Yikes. I need the triple face palm meme again.

Attachments

Registered
That's pretty cool having a camera under there. That should definitely not be moving front to back like that. I would guess your leaf spring bushings are wasted and/or your U bolts are loose.

Registered
Yes it does look jiggity. But I haven't seen many similar videos to compare it to.

I guess if you can't figure it out just drive it loaded lol (the truck not the driver)

Bucky
No need to compare it to anything. Moving front to back like that is NOT normal!

Registered
Looks like the left brake drum is out of round to me....I dont see much movemnet over normal in that video, none that would cause "violent" shaking.

Registered
Looks like the left brake drum is out of round to me....I dont see much movemnet over normal in that video, none that would cause "violent" shaking.
you did not see the rearend MOVE in the video like l pointed out , it's clear as day

Registered
I see it move, but it looks like he hits a pothole or something, I dont see it rock like a broken center pin would cause

Registered
I see it move, but it looks like he hits a pothole or something, I dont see it rock like a broken center pin would cause
he said the road was flat as a board with NO pot holes

21 - 34 of 34 Posts