Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I might have just made a @#$%@. :mad: I got this old 1979 ram charger.It was a 4x4 missing the the drive train.Had 1982 truck with the 2 wheel drive front end.So I sub framed the RC with it.Cut it about the fire wall.But where is the Vin numbers on this frame??Did I cut them off and just did not see them ???

·
Registered
364 Posts
The ones I've seen were on the side of the frame under the drivers door. I think they just put the 6 digit sequential # there, not the whole vin. The rc would have had the full vin on the drivers door or the door post.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats a start.I will look there.I hope that I did not cut them.If I did I guess that I would pull the drive train out and put it in my 85 truck the motor is in better shape and the rear end is geared for the hiway.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Be sure and look on the passenger side also, my memory is about as long as my [email protected]#*. We cut up an 83 this spring to haul for scrap (didn't have title) I'm thinking now the #s were on pass side under the door.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I talk to my father he used to work for a insurance company.He said that the numbers will be in a lot of places.Cross members, frame rails and ect.And they will be on top where you cant get to them.But look like the frame twisted after I got it on a level pad.So I will pull my parts out and to the junk yard she will go.Dont have that kind of time to waste.I am only out 50.00 on it.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
On my 92 frame, it's on the side, (pass.) in between the front cab mount and the shock mount.

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
On my '75, the entire VIN is located on the side of the driver's frame rail just below the driver. On my '77 the entire VIN is in the same place but on the passenger side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I am crawling around under my 76 trailduster searching for the vin. I don't see it on either side on the frame rails as stated. Where specifically should it be? Also what do you guys do if you are repainting your rigs and remove the vin label in the door jam? Anything or nothing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts