Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1988 Ramcharger 2WD seems to have a bad vibration at about 50-60 mph ! I think it could be the wheels and or tires that maybe out of balance. Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
If the brakes are old the rotors could be warped, or a bent driveshaft......I'd have the tires balanced first.........That would be the cheapest and easiest. If you have a flat bench lay a rotor down and see if there's any gaps underneath, and roll the drivshaft across the floor and see if it wobbles (like you due with pool sticks on the table at a bar). There's my .02

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Swap the tires front to back. If the problem seems better or worse, have your tires re-balanced. (You will normally not feel out-of-balance tires on the rear, at least not nearly as much as you will on the front).

-SM

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If you have a tire with broken belts, it will vibrate the truck whether it's on the front or back. Check for bulges on your tires.

EZ

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
50 mph is about the speed where bad u-joints like to rear their ugly head,i would pull driveshaft and look for a tight spot in the travel of the joint.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I let warped rotors go too long(bad vibration when braking),Then I my truck started vibrating at about 55.I think putting off turning the rotors led to wheel bearing problems. New rotors/wheel bearings fixed my shakey truck. GOOD luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts