Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I would like to look at venting the heat out of my 76 RC steel removeable top. Is there a kit available for this purpose, or do I have to go to a camper dealer and get it done? My top is black paint on steel and it gets a little warm in summer way in the back. Thanks for info.

Mac

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
hey man, when i used to run my 79, I would take the top off for summer, it still got hot but once your moving it wasnt too bad, you could get one of them little crank up camper types and probably do it easy enuf if ya dont want the top off

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too many **ing vandals around where I park for me to drive around with the top off.

I guess I will have to get one of those camper crank ups.

Mac

Dodgeman said:
hey man, when i used to run my 79, I would take the top off for summer, it still got hot but once your moving it wasnt too bad, you could get one of them little crank up camper types and probably do it easy enuf if ya dont want the top off

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hadn't really thought about a fancy sunroof, I was really just thinking of one of those crank up types. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mac

Chump said:
Were you looking for a pop up type sunroof? There are many venders. Here's one for some ideas.
www.donmar.com/Products.htm

·
7,995 Posts
Try the RV dealers for a crank up vent if thats what you want. You'll have to figure out the thickness of the roof...most of the trailers I have been in are about 2". Some of those crank ups even come with a 12 volt fan.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.