Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a cam kit and the springs are triple springs problem is that they will not clear the valve stem seals (the inner spring is too narrow) the valve stem seals are felpro, I am wondering if there is a umbrella type seal ( the little ones with the metal outside, and a tiny little spring on the top) or a different kind of seal that has a smaller outside diameter to get these springs over ? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man,

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, upon further inspection, they are dual springs with a dampner, but the inner spring still wont clear the umbrella seals.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
You have to machine the heads at the valve stem for a different seal

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea thats what I am finding out, the seals they offer do come in the right size to get over the guides but they still will not fit the inside diameter of the inner spring.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Yeah you will be better off, and you can get a better seal that won't end up in the oil pan in like 40,000 miles

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay just as an update.........
I called Jegs and got a set of springs retainers and locks that match the cam and can handle up to 510 lift, single springs with dampner so I can use the crane umbrella seals. Not to bad came out to 150 for everything, shipped to the house. Definately beats the expense of having to machine the heads for the double spings and the the guides for the seals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts