Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have been looking online at a 1993 Ramcharger Canyon Sport. It is under 80k miles and has the 5.9L Magnum. From the ad, it seems to be in good mechanical condition and the interior is original and very nice. There is some surface rust around some of the bottom panels and the bottom sand color would need to be painted, probably around the whole truck. The ad also states that all the accessories etc., are in good working order.

What would be a fair price for this Ramcharger? I found an expired Ebay auction for this Ramcharger from last month. From the looks of the ad, the starting point for the auction was $9500 and it didn't bring any bids.

Thanks!

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/1993-dodge-ramcharger/6726807817.html

·
Registered
750 Posts
Link to ad?  Any pics?  That would help everyone here out a lot!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Seems high to me but I don't walk in those circles - most of my buys are <$3k.  Still, looking at what people say they paid and what's on the CL/for sale section still would probably paint the same pic. 

I'm stating the obvious but it's worth exactly what someone will pay for it - what's it worth to you? 4k? 6k? 10k?  That's where you start - then you can start the negotiation with the owner.  FYI - if he was asking 9500 on ebay and didn't sell, sounds like he's looking to get around that (hence the higher posting on CL so he could come down, i.e., "or best offer"?). 

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
KBB lists the value at around $2,500.  That "light surface rust" looks to me more like rot coming through from the other side.  I might give him as much as $4k for it, since the Canyon Sport models with the 360 do tend to carry a premium, but with the rust, there is no way in hell I would go anywhere near $5k or the ridiculous amount he is asking.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
yup rocker panels rotting from inside , I'm betting the floor is wet under the carpet , from water leaks in cowl . too much money .

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The more I look and the more people that chime in; I think it's probably going to be waaaaay to far between what it looks like a fair market price would be and what he wants for it.  Really depending on the rust, I might be willing to pay a little more just because of it being a 93 Canyon Sport with the 5.9L.  However, I am not going to pay double or even near double after looking around and getting input from you guys.

I think it has been for sale since July 2018.  He has has come down from the highest ($12,950) I have seen it posted at to the lowest ($10,500).  I have my doubts he would come off another $4k - $5k to put it in the range I would be comfortable with.

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
The 360 is likely tougher to find that the 318, so yeah maybe pay up for that.

There's nothing to be lost by kicking the tires and poking at the rust while having a conversation about where the seller got their price from. I'd have a bunch of comparable ads in my pocket if the conversation got that far. As it's been for sale for several months, he's probably already heard how over priced it is and zero bids on ebay should have been a clue.

A dose of reality and a roll of cash might help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
when I find a vehicle I am interested in that I believe the seller has way overpriced I always ask this question:

"I see you are asking X for your vehicle.  How did you come up with your asking price?"

Make them tell ME why they think their asking price is appropriate. 

Most times you will get 1 of 2 responses:

1.  "That's what I have in it".

2.  "I saw one on TV sell that is just like mine"

Neither of these answers has anything whatsoever do with the real market value of their vehicle and you tell them so. 

At this point that's where they usually come down to reality and admit they are overpriced and you can finally get them to talk about a realistic price.  This is especially true when the vehicle is located in BFE!

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
RWG75 said:
91 / 318 / 63k miles / $9k in Cali - looks cleaner to me.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/1991-dodge-ramcharger-canyon/6736097429.html

The one in the OP is clearly over priced. Maybe spend some time with this looking for what else is out there to see what a more reasonable number is:

https://www.searchtempest.com/
obviously something in California would be cleaner but can you really compare a la motor to a magnum engine. hagerty only values a 91 at $4,200-24,200 depending on condition. the magnum fuel injected engine is definitely a lot nicer to have over the stock dodge TBI setup.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you can, and you're serious, I highly recommend contacting Lemon Squad. I had them do an inspection for me on my new-to-me 1987 DRC in Idaho while I was looking at it. Service and communication are both outstanding. They sent me a 20-something page report prepared by an ASE certified mechanic with an ass-ton of photos. They went through the truck with a fine-tooth comb, seriously. Amazing service.

I am in no way connected with the company, just a VERY satisfied customer. A friend of mine turned me on to them, so I'm just passing the word around.

Mike

89DakokotaConvertible said:
Hi all!

I have been looking online at a 1993 Ramcharger Canyon Sport. It is under 80k miles and has the 5.9L Magnum. From the ad, it seems to be in good mechanical condition and the interior is original and very nice. There is some surface rust around some of the bottom panels and the bottom sand color would need to be painted, probably around the whole truck. The ad also states that all the accessories etc., are in good working order.

What would be a fair price for this Ramcharger? I found an expired Ebay auction for this Ramcharger from last month. From the looks of the ad, the starting point for the auction was $9500 and it didn't bring any bids.

Thanks!

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/1993-dodge-ramcharger/6726807817.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.