Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at Ram 2500 the other day , didn't catch the year but it was 94 or newer. I didn't get to many details about it, the guy was busy selling a Coronet. What I want to find out is how reliable is a v10? Would it make good daily driver? MPG? Things I should look for and how long they usually last. I am really excited about this truck but need to get a few things in order before I try to get it
Thanx

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
well how about that ...i have a 94 v10 w/167k on it.. will still do anything i have ever needed to do..only problem has been the a/c had to fix it 3 times.. my actual o4 daily user. quinn

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Some say the V-10 has some problems, I don't know what they are. They may not be as reliable as the magnum V-8's but I know they are more reliable then some engines from other makes. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most everyone will say they get 9 mpg hwy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
They are prone to blow head gaskets, and it takes near three people to get the head out of the enginebay and onto a bench. also the thermostat costs about $110 at the dealership.
-stew-

·
Registered
1 Posts
165,000 on a 1995 3500 Still suprises sporty type cars in stoplight speed trials! 11.5 mpg average no load, 10.0 pulling 11,000 lbs. Worst ever was 9 mpg (bad ignition coil). Smoked a Jensen interceptor and a Lightining Sunday afternoon on Sunset Blvd. ;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That's more what I'd be expecting from them; I've driven a couple V10's.. Throw you back and pull strong till the computer shuts it off. If it was easier to get the computers reprogrammed, so high comp pistons and a hot cam would make a real beast of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.