Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my avatar in imgur. Tried to upload it with that HTP crap. Still doesn't work. Why can't this site be easy to use choose avatar from Gallery . Yeah the sights gallery . Why not my photo gallery? I'm probably doing something wrong like not resizing the picture. But why the hell would anybody want to jump through 10 Hoops just to do this. 1 is enough

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did I come off too strong or something. Help.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
256 Posts
Hello there,

Gave this a test on my end and was able to change my avatar using an URL.
What browser and device are you using?
Make sure to delete the initial "http://" when you click "upload using URL"

Ed

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Galaxy s6, let me try again.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope didn't work, do I have to downsize the image? or something I don't know how to do that either

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Browser  is Google  {google}

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had one when i first signed up my kid did it, he moved out . Changed my profile a while back and it disappeared. Now I'm back to being computer challanged{noclue}

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That little no clue dude was supposed to pop up and that didn't even happen  {noclue}

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright Kurt, avitar aside what do I have to do with the Imgur to post pictures?

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
To post pics from Imgur, mouse over the pic you want to post and click the down arrow that appears in the upper right of the pic, click "Get Share Links" and then copy the link for BBCode.  Paste that complete link in your post and the pic should appear.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay I'll try but my mouse is my finger and my computer is my phone

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Test

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not one of my pics but a reaction GIF that worked let me try again

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Compressed image from gallery test and changed to jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay figured out how to get them out of my gallery with a compression app and changing it to jpg. Imgur don't know yet. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Imger is pretty simple.
Like Elwenil said... click on a picture in your Imger gallery. It takes you to a page with just that picture. On the right of that picture you have six different blue boxes that say "copy". I always use the BB Code one for (message boards and forums). Click on "copy". It highlights the (img....) code in green. Go to your forum page and "paste" that code. You should have the picture when you post the page.
You do have to put pictures into Imger to be able to post them.
They are a hosting site.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would have to downsize the photo first to 3000kb before putting it in Imgur correct?? I uninstalled it and tried using Dropbox for the Avatar that didn't work either {noclue}                                                                       
                                I got the photos down for posting by changing them to a JPEG and compressing them in  kilobytes. I'll mess with the imgur  again .the Avatar will not defeat me!

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Jeffy45 said:
I would have to downsize the photo first to 3000kb before putting it in Imgur correct?? I uninstalled it and tried using Dropbox for the Avatar that didn't work either {noclue}
I got the photos down for posting by changing them to a JPEG and compressing them in kilobytes. I'll mess with the imgur again .the Avatar will not defeat me!
I just dump my pictures into Imger. I've never had to resize anything.
I had my daughter try to put an avatar on for me.
She tried all kinds of ways but couldn't get it to work either.
She said it must be a Ramcharger Central issue. ;D
One reason why she said that- it shows the picture was accepted and updated. Then there's nothing there. No warning the picture was too big... nothing. {noclue}

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.