Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to methodically improve my drivetrain...well, make it beefier. It will be my DD mostly, but with many ventures to the off-road world. Goal is to raise it another 4" and put some 38's on her...I am thinking 38's may be a bit heavy on the 44 and 9.25 so I was wondering what are the best trucks to look for as donors for 1 ton axles...and which (axles) offer the best swapability?
Thanks
Tim

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
Any Dodge 74-93 1 ton truck would be straight swap, not sure which 3/4 ton trucks but for sure cummins trucks.. The only problem you may deal with is the ujoint size on the yokes of the axle if you get a donor cummins truck. They use much larger ujoints, but that is easy to deal with.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
72-93 are virtual bolt in swaps. You're looking for a one ton truck, very few 3/4 tonners used Dana 60s up front. You can also use a Dana 60 from a pre 88 Chevy truck. These are nearly identical in dimension to the Dodge versions. Unfortunately you won't be able to use a '60 from a Furd or Heep, without alot of extra work and money

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.