Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to upgrade my sealed beam 6024 (7" round lights) on my 75 RC. There are lots of options available it seems. I was looking at the silverstar lights, but they are sealed, and do not have the replacable bulb. There are kits on ebay that are cheap that convert to the replacable bulb, but they appear to be plastic, and not DOT/TC approved (neither bothers me if they work and are reasonably durable).
I need more light! I would like to add auxilliary lighting as well, but I need to upgrade the stock lights first. Has anyone done this? Any products to look for or avoid? Will I need to put a relay in my lighting system (leaning towards a relay heavily anyway due to the state of my dodges wiring...) Thanks,
william

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I have the hella's also and im trying the other brand that i can't remember the name of sob, yeah i agree with william awesome avatar

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you can afford the extra bucks, go with the Hella conversions. Much higher quality lens, resists rocks better. Get some of the headlight guards. I have them in my 75PW. Use a relay by all means. I have 60/130 watt bulbs in mine, I ALWAYS win the "high beam" wars. ;D

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you can afford the extra bucks, go with the Hella conversions, much better quality optics and glass. Put a set of the wire guards over them. Use a relay, always. You have lotsa choices of bulbs, my current set is 60/130 watt. I always win the high beam wars!! ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts