Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had this thing stting on 1 ton axles and 38's but then decided 44" tsl's would give me just that much more clearance, so i decided to sell the 1 tons and pick up a set of rockwell 2.5 ton axles. ;D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
rear shot with the 44's sitting there. i'm waiting on my custom wheel centers to convert my hummer double beadlocks to rockwell bolt pattern.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
front wheel hubs flipped to narrow up the front axle to regular truck width(70" wms-wms). i dont think i will break these knuckles with the full hydro steering. ;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the front springs are stock 52" long dodge rear springs with 2- 4" lift jeep wrangler main leafs stuffed in there along with 2" dropped front spring mount(moved forward 3") and a 6" long shackle. the front axle was moved forward a total of 4" with the hanger and a 1" offset spring pad. should help to keep the 44's out of the cab when it flexes. ;D

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I hope you will be bolting the front end in better than that, lol. Any side shots of it? When does the new bed/front clip goes on?
-Steve C.
PS: Is it still going to be street legal?

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Hey FULLSIZE....looks excellent. Did you narrow the long side of the front axle too?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whlnwgn said:
I hope you will be bolting the front end in better than that, lol. Any side shots of it? When does the new bed/front clip goes on?
-Steve C.
PS: Is it still going to be street legal?
with full hydro steering and pinion brakes, i've ben told its not street legal but have yet to fnd any laws that forbid their use. ???

i think i'm gonna run the stock sheetmetal for now, til it really gets beat up. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Anywhere I can find before and after pics of the hubs "flipped"?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kyot said:
Anywhere I can find before and after pics of the hubs "flipped"?
here are the hubs with the wms out with no brakes on:

http://www.pirate4x4.net/mstevens/Writeups/rockwell_brake_removal.htm

here is the disassembly of the rockwell hubs. when you get to the part where the studs are out, turn the wheel hub over and pound them back in the other way. then replace all the 3/8 studs that hold the spindle on with 3/8x1 course grade 8 bolts. you'll have to grind the backs of the lug studs down to clear the new bolts like this:

another way to gain the clearance is to have the lug stud mounting surface on the wheel hub turned down:

if you go search around at www.pirate4x4.com/forum in the general 4x4 discussion forum, you'll find more than enough rockwell tech. ;D

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Thanks FULLSIZE, I'm there quite a bit, lately. I've tried the search a few times but never seem to get exactly what I want

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
{cool}

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.