Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I hope you can help me in determining what this is:

I found it while replacing the thermostat. It was just lying there next to the thermostat cover, not connected to anything.

·
Registered
29,389 Posts
not a clue buts its nothing off a 85 dodge / with that many numbers its off of something alot newer / if Elwenil shows up he can probly shed some light on the item

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
Still looking.  Haven't found anything with that part number in the '84-'87 parts manuals yet.

·
Administrator
60,516 Posts
looks like the cover that covers the test terminals on the wiper motor.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
Interesting.  The part number doesn't come up anywhere that I can find.  Perhaps it's just a long discontinued part that has been wiped off the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jep, that is it. It fits on the wiper motor. Thanks for your help.

Does it have any use when it is connected or can I just leave it? My wiper seems to work just fine without it.

·
Administrator
60,516 Posts
TFD said:
Jep, that is it. It fits on the wiper motor. Thanks for your help.

Does it have any use when it is connected or can I just leave it? My wiper seems to work just fine without it.
I always thought it was just a cover, but the pic in the FSM, calls it a suppressor, so it probably does help suppress some of the electrical noise from the motor, which might be heard in your radio system.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Elwenil said:
Interesting. The part number doesn't come up anywhere that I can find. Perhaps it's just a long discontinued part that has been wiped off the system.
Maybe newer/older or different vehicle that interchanges?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.