Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas why the drivers side wiper has so much more travel than the passenger side. The drivers side is hitting the windshield gasket on both ends of its travel.

·
Administrator
62,311 Posts
It sounds like the wiper pivots are installed on the wrong side. The passenger side should be the one with the longer travel.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Ok, I re-watched the video at half speed. I may have been wrong about thearm  length (illusion). Instead the "bends" on the ends of the arms don't appear to match, giving each arm a different sweep angle.

Bucky

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
yep the arms are funky , the blades are LONG .  note how the pass side blade tip heads at the bottom rubber at "park" it should be about level with the bottom of the glass NOT pointing tip downward like that .... Something is wrong with the arms , either someone bent them or they are the wrong ones .

also note that even with the correct arms and blades , turning the blade 180 changes the height it reaches when vertical .   

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SuperBurban said:
It sounds like the wiper pivots are installed on the wrong side. The passenger side should be the one with the longer travel.
So there are left and right pivots? I did remove them when painting the truck. I may have installed them on the wrong sides if so.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I did this on my '93 recently; had to replace the bushings, and I believe I swapped the pivots by mistake. Got the right wiper arms, as they are the same, original ones I pulled off. Just haven't had the time to swap yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.