Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Underhood Toolbox

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  RedneckInTraining 
#1 ·
Anyone got any good ideas for an underhood toolbox? Ive been tossing the idea around for a while. My grandpa had a 77 F150 with and underhood toolbox and I always liked the handiness of it.

I was thinking on the passenger side fender on my ‘78 W200. Anyone have one they have installed or seen on these Dodges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Never seen one but I do know of an old GM 2 ton with a 50 cal ammo can mounted in the engine compartment to hold a few things.

#4 ·
Yup, I had an ammo can mounted on a fender….One recommendation. Put tools in pouches because they will rattle otherwise…

Ed

#5 ·
Those cans fit nicely behind the seat, even all the way back. The cans also work good for holding a 12 ton hyd jack, and all the stuff for the winch.

harbor freight, and Tractor supply both have them in the $10 range.

#8 ·
TheSasquatch said:
Insert "It's a Ford" joke here...

I remember some 90's model Chevy's with a retractable work light mounted on the passenger side fender under the hood.
I figured that's why all fords seem to have a diamond plate bed box.
You'd never fit what you need in an ammo box.

#9 ·
TheSasquatch said:
Insert "It's a Ford" joke here...

I remember some 90's model Chevy's with a retractable work light mounted on the passenger side fender under the hood.
My rear hooks are actually off a 60's era Chevy 4 Wheel Drive truck.
Typical Chevy- they were mounted on the front. ;D

#11 ·
W200'78 said:
Id like to find myself a set of those hooks. Could come in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last time I looked on Ebay a few years ago, they were going for semi big bucks being quite rare nowadays. There were some other similar hooks off of big rigs that were a more favorable price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.