Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is probably the last piece I'm missing. The lamp works good but misses a lens.

I haven't found a photo of the original so I have no idea how it looked and what to look for;)

Are those lenses available anywhere on the aftermarket? Does anyone have a spare for sale?S hipping to Illinois.

Thanks
Greg

·
Super Moderator
59,509 Posts
It looked real close to what chevy and ford offered, no idea if their lenses would fit or not. Here is the best pic I can find.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SuperBurban That exactly what I need. Now I hope someone has one for sale.

As for Ford and Chevy lenses, it's much easier to find and fit something when you're on the spot. For me it's like buy something and wait 60 days to find out it sucks :)

I got time and really hope there is one lense left for me somewhere :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Was that lamp an option or a Mopar accessorie?
What years did it came with and could someone tell me the parts number please?

I wish i had one of these...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish i had one of these...
No you don't ;)
it's easier to use a phone or a headlamp that this. But I got to admit it's a very cool gadget!

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Might the jeep one be the same? I seem to remember jeep cherokees of the same era having one just like that.

·
Super Moderator
59,509 Posts
I know back in 1990, they were part of one of the packages. I'll see if I can find a part number.

Might the jeep one be the same? I seem to remember jeep cherokees of the same era having one just like that.
When I was looking for the pic, the jeep ones I saw had the light park so the loight was aimed towards the engine, slight different, but still might have the same lens. I do not know how to check.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are right. I just found a thread on cherokee forum so it gives me more options.

I checked Ford and Chevy - they have completely different construction and lens type.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
29,905 Posts
Judging by the listing, I think some came without the lens anyway.

56004116 LAMP, Underhood, Reel Type (Use Bulb GE-90 142453)
4741498 w/o Shield, 1992-93
4221150 Mercury Type
56006867 SHIELD, Underhood Lamp

Reactions: Sir Keppa

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine came without a lense. Just a bulb you can drag out for light

·
Super Moderator
59,509 Posts
Here is some pics from my 90, might help to see what you are looking for, or might not.

Yea, it is dirty, everything gets that why here, living in the middle of a desert.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the photos. I really appreciate it.

Now I can compare it to the one found on ebay. Its from Cherokee Xj.

Looks almost identical. Cherokee lamps are available on ebay and other sites but I found none for Dodge. I asked the seller for detailed lense photos and diameter.

Thanks again (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts