Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the 93 ramcharger runs but is harder than piss to start. and today i couldnt get ti started and ill be damned if she didnt catch on fire lol. nothin like toasty 93 canyon sport. well the only thing that got burned up is the black plastic hose that goes form the air cleaner to the air thing by the pcm. and well it wasnt cool puttin out the flames right in the school parking lot. but i would really like to get this fixxed because if i had had full coverage on this thing i may have thot bout letting the fire take down this beat. i mean i love the truck the 318 has sum balls mated with this 5 speed manual but its jsut too hard to start. so wish me luck for having no more fires and getting this beast done because the car crusher is in town.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey now, no more talk about putting 'er down. Before you go that far.. I'm sure there's someone up there that'd give it a good home.

·
7,995 Posts
Geeting spark and/or fuel when this happens? Any error codes? Possible bad crank position sensor or bad pickup in the distributor? Clogged fuel filter or low fuel pressure?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chump said:
Geeting spark and/or fuel when this happens? Any error codes? Possible bad crank position sensor or bad pickup in the distributor? Clogged fuel filter or low fuel pressure?
its getting both spark and fuel and it has the error codes 13 and 32 its got a brand new crank sensor thats why it wouldnt run the first time pickup coil is actually the cam shaft positioning sensor in the distributor and thats new. new fuel filter. dont know if it has low fuel pressure but my fuel pressure regulator is working fine and it has plenty of fuel in the fuel rails i checked with the schroeder valve.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the timing is still off and i can set it dead on and torque that distributor down to where th bolt will snap but it will still throw it self out of timing so it back firs through the throttle body and well ether is the only way to get it started so im sure u can figure it out spray ether in the throttle body it starts up and i guess there was sum over spray on the throttle body and it hit the hose and then she was toast.

·
Registered
31 Posts
sounds like 180 deg,out.bring it up on #1 pull your cap put exactly oppisit where its pointing, if thats not it,could be computer is this the one that fried crank sensor wires?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had the same problem several years ago with my plymouth arrow. ended up being a bad timing chain.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
i had the same problem with a dodge aries and it ended up being a bad head gasket

eric

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
im leaning tword a timing chain. is possably streached to the point of causing the timing to fluctuate ......... or is slipping a tooth from time to time. David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts