Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tractor supply has an updated copy of the old green angle head flashlight. All aluminum, LED bulb, they claim 800 lumens, and 820 foot beam,  ::)  (I know, a green light that actually puts out light, is just plain wrong). Has the filter, including some the Military never had. I think it was $14.95. Comes with 6AA batteries. And has O-rings, and a rubber gasket for the switch, so it is at least water resistant, if not actually water proof, although the tag says nothing about water resistant ability. It is about the same weight as the army plastic one, when both have the batteries loaded.

Looking at the pics, it looks like the ring at the right bottom of the second pic, is a ring, but it is actually the bottom cap, that holds the filters, just bare aluminum inside. It does have the bottom flip out ring just like the original.

They also have a copy of the M2A1 (large size, often called a 50 cal) ammo cans, for $9.99

Attachments

·
7,250 Posts
I am working at Tractor Supply now and have looked at both items. They both seem to be pretty good quality. I recommend them if you need some.

Chris

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Wife worked at TSC back in Pa, they seemed to be a good company to work for, just not in management, they went through store, and district managers like crazy.

TSC gets lots of interesting tools, and most all are good quality, at a decent price. I stop by at least once a month, to see whats new, and whats on clearance.

·
7,250 Posts
I've only been there a couple of months. I like it so far.

Chris

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think its a good company, with good products. Even though a lot is made in China, they are not the cheap Chinese junk you see everywhere. I think the name hurts them, many folks will not go there, thinking it is just farm stuff.

I could fill a thread with all the unique, and interesting tools. Don't know if they cut back, or just the store here. Back in Pa, they had a great welding department.

·
7,250 Posts
Probably depends on the store. We've got a welding department but I wouldn't call it great. We're one of their smaller footprint stores though and they've only been open about 4 years. It's pretty amazing what they actually carry that has nothing to do with tractors or farming/ranching.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I agree on TSC. Don't go very often as it's a couple of towns away and there is an Orschelin and a Dickey Bubb (both regional versions of TSC) between my house and TSC.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I spend a good bit of money at my local TSC. They carry alot of stuff, huge selection of bolts and misc fasteners at mine. Also has a good welding department.

We have a hobby farm to, so we gets misc parts, feed and some other stuff there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52,878 Posts
I get a lot of stuff from TSC, bearings pullies, belts, steel stock. great selection. I have bought some tools there but at this point I just go to HF for my tools anymore. since both stores are a mile from each other now.  ;D

When the Sears in Lebanon closed HF took over the tractor and tool end of the building so both stores are 15 mins from me.  {cool}

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TSC has better tools, and better prices when you catch the clearances, which seems like they always have. I scarfed up 2 of these today. Also grabbed a big (like 11" or so), vise grip for $3 and some change, left it in the truck,  So no pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
there are 2 stores near me , in opposite directions , one has stuff for suburban "farmers" and  the other still has "good" stuff , depends on market and manager I suppose , the back corner IS a good spot .....LOL

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
I get dog and cat food from TSC.

I agree about it being weird when the flashlights work without constantly having to fiddle and whack them.  I have an old pilot one floating around in a box somewhere.  I thought about putting a maglight LED kit in it, but never got around to it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought my Bad Boy Mower from them as well as a Weed Eater Husqvarna bought the extended warranty with them. When I had an issue with the mower they sent a guy for 3 hours away to fix it no problem or hassles the weed eater crapped out at the end of the 2 years warranty called them up asked where they wanted me to take it to fix it they looked up the records said no throw it away we will send you your money back ( entire amount not pro-rated) and you can buy a new if you like. 2 weeks later a check was there I went and bought another one bought the extended warranty again just in case they really take care of you if you have an issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.