Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have been interested in advertising with the site for over a year now, but we lost touch. I had emailed them numerous times with no replies, but what do you know, got an email from them today.

They said they didn't like event sponsorship, but I emailed back telling them that they would also be advertised on the site.

How many packages are we gonna have for sponsors? The owner wants me to call her, but I will wait till we get this settled so I can offer this as something.

Hopefully we can get them to sponsor us!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wohoo, Stay on them Sam. The first one is the toughest.
tim

·
Registered
943 Posts
Sam, I would prefer to go with 4 levels of sponsorship. Anything more than that tends to get too complex.

Sponsorship Level 1 (donation of small items for goody bags, raffle prizes, or cash prizes valued at $5 - $25) = publicity in event program

Sponsorship Level 2 (donation of raffle prizes or cash prizes valued at $26 - $100) = publicity in event program, and name on event banner

Sponsorship Level 3 (donation of raffle prizes or cash prizes valued at $101 - $499) = publicity in event program, name on event banner, and name listed as a sponsor on RCC web site.

Sponsorship Level 4 (donation of raffle prizes or cash prizes valued at $500 and above) = publicity in event program, name on event banner, name on event t-shirt, name listed as a sponsor on RCC web site, and RCC web site advertisement slot.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Okay, we'll make that a Level 4 then and go with that. They'll get all above plus company name on t-shirt and web site advertisement.

I'll edit the post above to reflect the addition.

(PS: I hope to have some time this weekend to start putting the information together so solicitation can begin.)

·
Registered
855 Posts
You know, i was thinking again (yeah I know, don't even start) and if I knew a sponsor was into RCC I would be very inclined to use their product over one offered by a competitior. Like if I was looking at two lifts and one sponsored RamJam, I would buy that one, no questions asked. I just find it so cool that businesses are involved in what we do that it would make decisions easy on products included. It is just human nature that once a company is friendly with what you love, you will be friendly with them. I don't know if I'm stating the obvious, but I think it would make a huge difference in what I buy. Take for example the RCC products. If I found a shackle flip that was half the cost of an RCC flip, I would still buy the RCC product because I love this site. It would be the same if say, Rancho decided to take part in this. I would definately buy their products just to say "thanks" for helping us out. It's all in the asociations.

Isaac

·
Registered
452 Posts
I apologize for my lack of input/assistance on all this. The new job is a killer.

As far as like goody bags and shirts and the like. Most companies that produce parts and such for trucks have their own line of apparell, hats and decals...so on and so on. Many times these are given away with purchases. Even NAPA is giving away hats right now with a $40.00 purchase. I'm trying to get up to speed so if someone else has thought of sumthing like this, forgive me. But it seems logical to perhaps have some of these companies donate some ...say promotional items, to the event.

One more thing on sponsors, friend of mine is a manager of a NAPA store. This store is part of a chain that has like 15 stores throughout Wisconsin and Illinois. They sponsor a number of races locally. Each store does at least 1,000,000 a year in sales. NAPA must have some sort of sponsorship program, and this chain is pretty large. I'd like to hit them up for sponsorship. i'm gonna be buying a transmission reb. kit there in a few days, so it will give me a chance to talk to them. At least I can find out what is their usual procedure for this sort of thing, and them make a presentation of some sort. Even its if just accessories, or apparell or the like is that somthing we would want? Maybe we need to set some ground rules for what we do and do not want. (or are they set already and I havent found them?) Let me know what I can do on my end.

·
Registered
452 Posts
And where should we send donated items other than cash? Thats is if one cannot make it ro RJ??? Otherwise, I would imagine we could bring it, but wouldnt getting it all sorted out beforehand be better??

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well, I thought about this while I was lying awake at 4:20 this morning. Unless Jay wants to assemble the goody bags, sending stuff to him would probably not help much. The stuff needs to be ready to hand out when people arrive. If you feel comfortable with it, Sam, the stuff can be sent to my house and I'll recruit some people to help assemble the goody bags, inventory the raffle prizes, etc. Then I can either send them to Jay's house, or haul them out in the Ramus.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Twister, My girlfriend and I would be willing to help out with the goodie bags (and anything else we can do locally) if you end up doin them at your place. Also My g/f used to be an assistant manager at wallmart, and is good friends with the manager in the automotive section. She might be able to talk to him about sponsorship for RJ.
We are hoping to go to the next RJ, but since its so far off it's to hard to plan it for sure.

Todd

·
Registered
452 Posts
I talked to my friend at NAPA. He said that usually all sponsor related things go through NAPA as a company, and that the stores are usually franchises. Meaning that going to a nation wide auto parts chain may not get the deisred results, if that store is a franchise. This may be different in terms of the said parts store being local to Dawson Neb., and in some stores being all company owned.

Just dont want anyone to waste a ton of time at the chain parts store down the street from them.

Ive seen posts by people who work for auto parts stores that must be nation wide company owned chains. Anyone have any ideas from that angle?

Doc.

G

·
I work at Autozone and none of the stores are franchised. You would be wasting your time if you go to your 'Zone and ask for corporate sponsership of RJ 2003, the company won't do it. However if you go to the store manager of your local 'Zone and ask him if he would be willing to donate something he might pull some stuff off the shelf and give it to you. I will be asking my boss for some stuff before going to Ram Jam.

·
Registered
943 Posts
wycowboy said:
...However if you go to the store manager of your local 'Zone and ask him if he would be willing to donate something he might pull some stuff off the shelf and give it to you. ...
Exactly!!!

We will be extremely lucky if we get any corporations that actually give money to sponsor RJ. I firmly believe that any cash requests (of any significant amount) should be requested by Sam himself.

Our roll is to solicit raffle prizes, goody bag stuffers, door prizes, etc. Now, if you know the owner or manager of a business personally, and you think they might want to contribute $25-$50 cash to sponsor, by all means, ask them!

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I made a revision of the site sponsorship levels

Sponsorship Level 1 (donation of small items for goody bags, raffle prizes, or cash prizes valued at $5 - $25) = publicity in event program and name listed as an event sponsor on RamchargerCentral.Com.

Sponsorship Level 2 (donation of raffle prizes or cash prizes valued at $26 - $100) = publicity in event program, name on event banner and name listed as an event sponsor on RamchargerCentral.Com.

Sponsorship Level 3 (donation of raffle prizes or cash prizes valued at $101 - $499) = publicity in event program, name on event banner, name listed as an event sponsor on RamchargerCentral.Com and a spot in our websites ROS Banner Ad Rotation (length depends on value of donation, no less than 1 month).

Sponsorship Level 4 (donation of raffle prizes or cash prizes valued at $500 and above) = publicity in event program, name on event banner, name on event t-shirt, name listed as an event sponsor on RamchargerCentral.Com and a spot in our websites ROS Banner Ad Rotation (length depends on value of donation, no less than 6 months).

·
Registered
452 Posts
wycowboy said:
I work at Autozone and none of the stores are franchised. You would be wasting your time if you go to your 'Zone and ask for corporate sponsership of RJ 2003, the company won't do it. However if you go to the store manager of your local 'Zone and ask him if he would be willing to donate something he might pull some stuff off the shelf and give it to you. I will be asking my boss for some stuff before going to Ram Jam.
Thats what I was trying to say. I cant imagine that anyone that actually works at a parts store, chain or otherwise, would have any clue as to weather or not they could sponsor somthing. Most likely, they wouldnt care either.

My neighbor actually owns a NAPA store, our oldest boys are best friends,so are our daughters.I'm gonna have a chat with him, not that he would be likely to sponsor, but more so for ideas on an approach. Just an info gathering mission.

Doc.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts