Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A coupla weeks ago my turn signal switch stopped locking in the left turn position. Simple fix: I started holding it there and it would still blink fine, and the right turn position worked fine.

Tonight the signal started getting slower, and slower, and slower, until there's at least three seconds of light, a quick flash off, and then at least three more seconds. What's up here?

thanks,
derek

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
sounds like the switch is dieing to me. my jeep did the same thing and i replaced the switch and springs. no more problem

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
It doesn't stay on because the little plastic snap that holds the turn signal cam broke off (been there, done that). Unfortunately, the only way to fix the problem is to install a new ignition switch. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd think it'd be more likely that the tab on the signal cam broke, don't you (also been there and done that)? That would also explain better why it only stops and holds in one direction. I was more hoping to get an answer as to why my signals are slowing down. This morning when I started driving her they both seemed about average rate, but by tonight (with some periodic driving today) they're moving slower than a watch with no battery.

I don't get it. Hey, whats the name of that big silver fuse on the fusebox that makes the click for the signals, and could that have anything to do with this?

derek

·
7,995 Posts
Silver dude is the flasher. It might be dieing but it sounds like to me you may have a problem with your battery or charging system. Do the headlights also get dimmer as the turn signals get slower? The cam in the turn signal switch is broken, that's why it wont lock in position. You are money and time ahead to replace the complete turn signal switch asm than to replace just the cam. Been there and done that.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.