Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says my turn signal switch became loose and started having other problems. How much of a job is it to change the switch and will it fix my cruise and my horn?

·
Registered
1975 W100 Power Wagon Adventurer Sport 318 727 NP203 3.55
221 Posts
Someone will want to know tilt or not. if its like my 75 its as easy as pulling the wheel and getting it back on straight. its probably not the same though

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its tilt, forgot to add that. Will have to get a compressor tool. Probably a steering wheel puller.
It also has an aftermarket Grant steering wheel.

I can see the cruise acting funny if the turn signal switch is broken. They run through the same area. A broken wire or intermittent ground would explain that. But the horn is weird though. I pulled the horn fuse for now. Will try to pull the wheel later today.

(horn would randomly honk when turning the wheel)

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I'm not sure how your set up is compared to my older system.
You'll need to pull the wheel / adapter to get to the turn switch.
The switch might be broken.. being made of plastic that could happen.
There's replacements out there.
The dealer won't have them anymore though.
Check Ebay or Rock Auto.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that was easy.

Removed the grant steering wheel and could see the turn signal handle/cruise control is mounted to the turn signal switch with a single screw. The handle fits in a slot and is held in place by this screw. The screw had come loose letting the handle flop around. I managed to set the handle back in the slot and tighten the screw. It's tight now. Not sure if this was causing the other problems. Put it back together and will try it. Probably ride the klr650 to work the next couple of days though.

Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cruise seems fine. Too cold this morning for the KLR. That handle has been a little loose since I have had the truck. Feels like new now.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
jimdgreat1 said:
Cruise seems fine. Too cold this morning for the KLR. That handle has been a little loose since I have had the truck. Feels like new now.
I always put a little dab of black silicone on the threads of the screw to keep it from loosening through the years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.