Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought one time I saw a thread on RCC that contained a picture of an exploded view of a column. There was some kind of screw that could be used to adjust the turn signal switch, for centering purposes. I have a 79 auto with tilt no cruise. If I wanna turn on the right signal, my steering wheel hasta be pretty much perfectly straight, and if I turn just a tiny bit, it cancels. Turn on the left, and it doesn't cancel unless I turn it a long way.

One of the issues is this column doesn't look like any other I have ever seen. I have a FSM, and the columns in the book are different from mine. Mine doesn't have the steering wheel locking plate at the top like most.

Another problem is this. One day in a fit of rage I slammed it into park. It was already stopped, but it seems to have messed up someting in the column. Now the gearshift lays back really close to the dash. I can move it into position and all is fine, and I can feel the spring that you use to take it out of park. The steering wheel also no longer locks, but it used to before that crappy day. I have posted pics of it on the stupid cardomain site. Any suggestions?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mudflap379

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that was it. Now, if I could just figure out the rest of it... Thanks.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any more ideas? Anyone tell me about all this weird column I have? Chump - I'm lookin your way. You seem to be da man who can find out weird stuff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts